• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

roadside service

Reaction score
I have never worried about roadside service, flat tires, battery jumps etc. G and I bought a motorhome, so naturally the thing is BIIIG. so, I was wondering about AAA
and other roadside help. Does anyone on here have any experience good,bad, otherwise, is it worth the price? Is the service any good?
C'mon guys input please.

Ditto with AAA. I only used it once for the bike, but have done several tows (mostly for others). Back when Cherokee Cycle Park was in business, I rented a toyhauler and hit a stump while parking it, blowing out a tire. I called AAA and they sent out someone to change the tire on the trailer - no charge. If you get AAA in Texas, it automatically includes RV service also (charge separate for it in other states). They have different levels of tow service (distance you get free). But like M said, the maximum 200 mile package is only $9.75 / month and well worth it. I pay for a year at a time. Definitely pays for itself with just one tow.
https://apps.texas.aaa.com/aceapps/...wBiz&zip=77573&devicecd=PC#/createMembership/

We recently switched to Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

Quite less expensive than AAA.
Time will tell if it was a good move.

Used AAA for years usually flat tires on Wife's car when I'm out of town. A time or two w/ the m/c.

Excluding wait times service always acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked adding roadside service to your existing auto policies?

I know mine is cheap and covers any vehicle i am in—whether i own it or not-whether i was driving or not.

I know mine is cheap and covers any vehicle i am in—whether i own it or not-whether i was driving or not.

That sounds interesting, who are you insured with?

hey Gina! I was gonna call my ins. tomorrow. thanks for reminding me! I have been tested for MEMORY LOSS, but it turned out to be FORGETFULNESS!! go figure.
BTW, how is Mr J T? prayer sent.

That sounds interesting, who are you insured with?

You get that with anybody's policy. My auto policy (Farmers) gives me $125 per incident coverage (towing, tire change, can of gas) for $7 per 6 months. My motorcycle policy (Progressive)is $15/year. According to the policy, it covers the cost of getting an incident fixed roadside, or getting towed to the nearest facility to get it taken care of. No max specified.

hey Gina! I was gonna call my ins. tomorrow. thanks for reminding me! I have been tested for MEMORY LOSS, but it turned out to be FORGETFULNESS!! go figure.
BTW, how is Mr J T? prayer sent.

Yup. No problem. Hey, thanks for prayers. He's doing well. Follow up with ortho tomorrow/Monday.

I have the AAA RV Plus also. I have used the tow option a couple of different times with my bikes with no issues. I also love that I can use it for any vehicle even if it is not mine. I had a friend's bike towed in a year ago when they ran into battery issues.

I have the AAA RV Plus also. I have used the tow option a couple of different times with my bikes with no issues. I also love that I can use it for any vehicle even if it is not mine. I had a friend's bike towed in a year ago when they ran into battery issues.
SATXBIKER thanks for the reply. Have you gone to the UPCOMING SAN ANTONIO EVENTS thread? Hey check iot out sometimes there are some people getting together and riding. Come join in!(when it cools down some)

HOWEVER.... with any of them, they will do little good when on a remote highway in New Mexico. Service? What service? Ask me how I know!

It is a good concept and works relatively well in more populated areas. In our motorhome, in the above situation, it was worthless. Not the only time either. According to them, we were just too far away from any of their contractors.

HOWEVER.... with any of them, they will do little good when on a remote highway in New Mexico. Service? What service? Ask me how I know!

It is a good concept and works relatively well in more populated areas. In our motorhome, in the above situation, it was worthless. Not the only time either. According to them, we were just too far away from any of their contractors.

Seriously? Isn't that some kind of a breach of contract?
Or at least misrepresenting the service????

Back