• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS route

Yeah - what he said! Just downloaded the file to BaseCamp. :hail::hail:

I 'discovered' the bridge above Spanish Fort in '07 and love the run from Lake Nocona to Ringling, especially just before dark, on a hotrod bike. There are some dirt roads up in that area, around the Lake, but I've only ever run a couple of them and that was in the truck, before I was "corrupted" into the DS mode.

Yea the bridge was great discovery for me too, albiet 7 years later than you:) I just happened upon it looking for ways back over the Red River. I rode through Spanish Fort this weekend and it looks to me like they are getting ready to tear town the General Store. The building next to it has been demolished.

I just saw this. I basically ride from Frisco to Texoma or the red river every other weekend. It's about 80% gravel/dirt/red clay roads. I've got it stuck in my head but don't have a track of the entire route to post. FWIW, mine starts at 380. I have a way to start by lone star high school, and the Frisco Mountain Bike track that adds about a mile and a half of gravel.
If anyone wants to ride it with me let me know. Can't guarantee we won't get lost a bit but it'll be on dirt and that's half the fun sometimes

Back