• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GMax

Bines

Reaction score
My experience with a GMax helmet.

GMax is one of the least expensive DOT helmets out there. I bought a modular and used it for a little over one year.

Pros
Ultra clear visors. No rainbows. No distortion.
Good tint level on the drop down.
Fairly quiet, for a modular.
Light.
Good selection of colors. I like white.
Kept it's fit.
Nearly fog free. Only fogged a little while stopped on cold mornings.
Acceptable ventilation while not letting in too much cold air with the vents closed.
Saved my noggin when I slammed into the street on a 40 mph low side. No cracks in the helmet or my head. No, not with my brand new bike.

Cons
The light on the back quit working after a few months. It wasn't a dead battery. The light quit working.
The slider for the drop down visor broke after a few moths. I was still able to grab it with my finger tips and push it back up with my hand.

I'd have bought another one, but couldn't find a white one in my size right on the spot. I've a BiLT Apollo now. It's comfy enough and seems quite sturdy, but the wind noise is too much.

Nice review, Thanks. I have been looking at the HJC IS max 2 and the Scorpion EXO 900. The Gmax looks like a nice helmet. Anything that saves your noggin should get 5 stars.

You may have jarred you internal visor loose. I have had a Gmax for 2 years and have had to reinstall mine a couple times but it does work correctly after.

Back