• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Our Pastor had a heart attack this morning

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Our pastor was in Houston at the airport about to board a flight to Corpus Christi where he teaches a seminary class once a week. Apparently he realized he was having a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. He is now in recovery after having the angioplasty on an artery that 100% blocked and they have installed a stint. Not sure if there is other damage or not, but they say that he will be out in 3-4 days. His username here is TxSkyPilot. He just had his 52nd birthday last week...

:tab Please pray for a full recovery and for him to take the time to relax. He is one of those on the go all the time kind of folks.

Sorry to hear that Scott.
It was good he realized what was going on and did not board the plane.
Will keep him in my thoughts.

Wow, good of him to realize it was something that needed to be handled. Most guys (like me) would have shook it off and taken that flight. Of course I'm sitting here with a donut and a cup of coffee too. He's not too much older than I am. I'm glad he got it taken care of and I'll pray for quick healing. And I'll make a few changes here too.

Speaking from experience, when the pain goes up your neck and down your arm, it's pretty clear it's a heart attack.

I had a similar attack when I was just 37. The artery was about 90% blocked, and under the exertion of a hard soccer game, the tip of the heart got starved of blood.

I had an angioplasty with a stent (not stint), and I've never looked back or had a moment's trouble since.

I'll pray. Thankfully, that's the best kind of heart attack to have, if you just HAVE to have one.

He got two stents. He's home now recovering. Doc's told him not to ride... EVER!! :roll:

That doctor's nuts. I got a waiver for my flight medical after I got my stent.

I know a guy who runs marathons and (only once) a 30-mile ultra with a stent.
Maybe the doc knows his limitations... or knows something about SkyPilot that we don't.

Either way, I'm glad he's home and on the mend.

More likely he either hates motorcycles, or he's just being ultra-conservative. Doctors are kind of known for that. They would rather be pessimistic and have the patient recover more fully than be optimistic and have the patient fail to recover fully. And they get sued less that way.

If you guys ever have a chance to meet Ken, he is a good guy and pastors a great church. I hope he gets to ride again.

Back