• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Unsure of future...looking for ideas and advice

That's a choice only you can make. Good luck hope everything works out the best for you.

Thanks.

It's a choice that's taken me a long period of personal deliberation to convince myself. Even when I was completely convinced 9 months ago I was willing to give it one more shot, pouring the last bit of myself into trying to build a better marriage.

I'm completely out of gas now. I'm to the point I can't even hold myself together. My motorcycle hobby is the only thing keeping me sane, and almost my only drive sometimes. At least I know I'll always ride...that won't change (even though she's made me stop several times, commanded me to sell bikes when there was no reason to etc...I've always made my hobby pay for itself by turning over projects, and even put money back into our personal finance by the thousands each year).

If you've come to this same place twice now I would say it's time to act. You gave it your best shot, you should have no regrets. Get it over with so you can move on. Get the rough times behind you.

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS EVERYONE!

Seems God always has a plan...you just feel the most lost right before the next set of directions are revealed.

Things have sorted themselves out in a matter of days.

First I took charge of my life and my household. My wife was surprisingly receptive to the way I felt about how our relationship dynamic should change. We are working on things with a renewed fervor.

Then I found an engineering co-op with a great local company. An engineering assistant position came up at a directional drilling tool design company in Conroe. The pay is more than my last "good" job, and a good deal more than my interim employ. The company does interesting work that is more in line with my studies than anything else I've done before. The people I will be working with seem great, and they will let me work around school, all while getting real experience working with engineers.

Things are certainly looking up...just need to wrap up this semester well.

I choose to not comment since most take vows that say something like 'What GOD has joined together, let no man pull apart'.

THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS EVERYONE!

Seems God always has a plan...you just feel the most lost right before the next set of directions are revealed.

Things have sorted themselves out in a matter of days.

First I took charge of my life and my household. My wife was surprisingly receptive to the way I felt about how our relationship dynamic should change. We are working on things with a renewed fervor.

Then I found an engineering co-op with a great local company. An engineering assistant position came up at a directional drilling tool design company in Conroe. The pay is more than my last "good" job, and a good deal more than my interim employ. The company does interesting work that is more in line with my studies than anything else I've done before. The people I will be working with seem great, and they will let me work around school, all while getting real experience working with engineers.

Things are certainly looking up...just need to wrap up this semester well.

It is always great to hear a plan worked out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sun:

:tab Good news all around :clap: I hope it all works out well, especially your relationship with your wife. Counseling might still be a good idea as it sounds like you guys may have some issues that you need to work through so they don't get swept under the rug only to rise up again when things get tough later. I thought college was hard until I got married. I thought being married was hard until we had kids. Married with kids is hardest thing I have ever tried to do. There are times when I feel like I am being drawn and quartered emotionally and physically. However, it is all worth it. If you can weather the tough times together and come out on the far side, it will usually strengthen the relationships. My number one rule is that no matter what, it is the relationships that are the priority. Not always easy, but it keeps me moving in the right direction. :zen:

Back