• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Continental Divide Ride

Reaction score
I'm semi retired, which means I work when I want to. I would like to find some guys to ride with. All of my buddies still work and they can not go on long rides. Lets ride the Continental Divide ride this summer.

Hope it happens, of all my long rides the CDR is my favorite! �� I hope to ride it again in 2019.. ride it from Canada to Mexico...

Gary

I left to ride it in 2016 but spent too much time riding the Great Lakes and didn't make it to Banff in time. Ride didn't fit into 2017 schedule either, maybe 2018 is my year.

Lets meet up to ride and talk next month, I'm nearby in Atascocita but bike traveling at the moment.

_

It's on my bucket list. I'm doing the NMBDR in June and Mextrex, but will not have enough vacation to add the CD this year. GPS Kevin has one his website starting in July for 1600.00 includes hotels and chase vehicle. He was the one I was looking at doing it with. Best I remember his was a 14 day ride.

Well it looks like we are doing the CDR this year, we where going to ride the TAT from SC to OK but one of the riders has had to delay it a year, so we will ride the TAT next year (have ridden it before) and have agreed to ride the CDR this year in late June!! We will ride to NM and then head north to Canada. Previously we rode from Canada to NM so will be fun to do it the other way!! We will be 4 or maybe 6 riders!! I am really looking forward to it.

Gary

Was this question for me? If yes we will do it on two CRF450X’s, one CRF250X and a CRF230F. These bikes all have the same size tyres, and most parts like gear pedals, brake levers, etc are the same or will fit so we can carry less spares. They all have oversized tanks so we can run about 180 miles between fill ups and they are light so we can ride 300 mile days without being exhausted.
There are 4 of us going, myself, my brother, my wife and my youngest daughter (18).

Gary

The CDR was such a great ride. Rode it from Canada to Mexico in 2009. One of the motorcycling treasures of the world :)

Gary, great to hear you're going with your family. You guys planning to camp?

Yep, will be a mixture of camping and hotel every third day just to have a good shower and clean! We will have ladies with us and they seem to think washing is important!! ��

i-P5dFSLn-S.jpg

This is the wild card on the CDR and it represents the weather.

If it turns up in New Mexico on the clay, you will make temporary alternate plans

Back