• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vstrom DL1000 sync adjustment screw ?

Wasabi

Reaction score
I can't pin down where the sync adjustment screw is on the Vstrom DL1000. I think it is here

84009071-M.jpg

closer pic

84009072-M.jpg

The Vstom Wiki describes it " located on the right side on the bike, on the front TB. ... the sync screw is part of the (throttle) assembly on the front TB that moves the with the throttle."

My pic fits most of this description.

Then it goes on " It points down toward the ground ( meaning the head of the screw is up. " This part doesn't match.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

No clue, but when you get it all worked out I'll being you mine and you can practice some more!

Valves, TB sync, brake pads, brake lines... How much time ya got?

Remove the side cover and look under the tank by the front throttle body. You will see two screws on the front of the bike. It is the one that is straight up and down, not tilted. I'll find the diagram.

It's labeled "A" as viewed from the right side of the bike.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,481
txmedic said:
It's labeled "A" as viewed from the right side of the bike.

Thanks Kurt I think I found it. :clap:

84028355-M.jpg

I even think I got a way to adjust it.

84028359-M.jpg

Chuck let me use his TwinMax and I got the hoses attached so I should be all set to really screw things up like the pros. :lol2:

The Wee-Strom is SO much easier. Tilt the tank and it's right in front of you. You can turn the screw with your fingers. No 11" needle-nose pliers or 90 degree screw drivers required.

Wasabi said:
I got the hoses attached so I should be all set to really screw things up like the pros. :lol2:
I wonder if I will be able to hear the explosion from my house? :shock:

What is this, Strom maintenence week? Mine is torn down to the guts right now getting valves adjusted, TBS, TPS tweeked, chain and sprockets, brakes and clutch flushed and bled, coolant flushed, new spark plugs, some aux wiring done, and an oil change.:eek2:

I'm trying to spread things out so it doesn't hurt my wallet too much...:giveup:

It helps to have other bikes to ride in the meantime though!:trust:

txmedic said:
The Wee-Strom is SO much easier. Tilt the tank and it's right in front of you. You can turn the screw with your fingers. No 11" needle-nose pliers or 90 degree screw drivers required.

I've not looked at the 1 Liter but I suspect it's like the Wee in that you would be able to use the screw on the rear throttle body as in the instructions here:

http://www.vstrom.info/forum/forum_files/VStrom650ThrottleBody.pdf

I'm not sure why it would make a difference if you adjusted the rear throttle screw to sync with the front or vice versa.

-----------------
Addendum: Just crawled under the Wee and found there is no adjustment screw on the front throttle body, only on the rear, so perhaps the 1 Liter is the opposite.

--Mike

Back