• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1-2-3 Farm To Market Roads in Sequential Order Game!

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
To Quote TM from the A-B-C game thread when questioned about this threads idea, "So Start One". Well Here it is.

Rules. Simple...
1. FM & RM Roads ONLY (we can do park roads, county roads, any other road or highway in their own thread).

2. In sequential ASCENDING order. FM 1, FM 2, FM 3, ect...

3. Safely have your bike in the photo (all or part of the bike, I am not picky),

4. Bike needs to be on the actual FM/RM road for the photo to count.

5. A photo can only be used once. (if by chance two or more road signs are present).

Let the game Begin!

Helpful Reading.

Post 188
Post 349
Post 355
Post 512
Post 543
Post 631

My TxDOT friend also provided this link to accompany the spreadsheet I'll try to get hosted.

Select the type of road "FM-Farm to Market Road" and then the 4 digit number (xxx8, or 1431 etc.)and it returns a very detailed description file of that road.

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/search/query.htm

Other resources:
Where The Roads Are

* 1-500
* 500-1000
* 1000-1500
* 1500-2000
* 2000-2500
* 2500-3000
* 3000-3530

---
441541398_YbMti-M.png

Please see this web page that has been created to view achievements thus far in the game.

Last edited:
Ooh, this one looks like it's going to be fun!
Just from a pessimistic standpoint... do we know for sure that they all (still) exist in sequential order without gaps?

According to THIS there are in excess of 3000 FM roads in TX and it also seems to indicate that some of them have been "retired", but I still haven't been able to find a complete list.

Texas T said:
According to THIS there are in excess of 3000 FM roads in TX and it also seems to indicate that some of them have been "retired", but I still haven't been able to find a complete list.

I live just 2 blocks off FM3391. That's gotta be one of the highest.

Texas T said:

This might take a while then... But I do know where FM-2, is and unless someone beats me to it, it will be posted tomorrow!

For those of you that have MS Streets & Trips, you can search locations of FM roads pretty easily. Can't believe I am going to give up my secret.. oh well the more that can find the roads the more fun right?

OK... Click Find.

in the street address field type. FM-2

In the state field, select TX

then hit Enter.

From what I have found on this very basic searching is that the MS-S&T does not have FM-7 or FM-11. But were good to there and its a start right?

Have fun!

R1200GSA said:
Rules. Simple...
1. FM Roads ONLY (we can do ranch roads, park roads, county roads, any other road or highway in thier own thread).

It is my understanding that there is a push by the state to rename FM roads to Ranch roads.

Here is an exhaustive listing of Texas FMs, including a description of where to find it. The last one on the list is FM3530 near Winnsboro in Wood Co. All I can say is WOW, this could take years!:shock:

Sleepy Weasel said:
It is my understanding that there is a push by the state to rename FM roads to Ranch roads.
There was a push to rename them all to "urban" but that went over like the proverbial lead balloon.

Trivia... There are Farm To Market roads, Ranch To Market roads, but there is only ONE "Ranch" road. Where does it lead?

Texas T said:
Trivia... There are Farm To Market roads, Ranch To Market roads, but there is only ONE "Ranch" road. Where does it lead?

Well to the Ranch of course :trust: :rofl: :lol2:

I've got FM4 right near here, i'll be happy to pick that one up

Fun game!

Unfortuantely, I think it would take more than one lifetime to photo your bike at all the signs.

It would be an interesting endeavor to design an IBA route that touched tire to the largest number of FM and RR roads in a 48 hour period.

Texas T said:
Thanks Pacman. May I ask what search criteria/engine you used to find that?

I used Google and typed in "texas farm roads". It was the first result.

Incidentally, I can't get Google Maps to search state-wide for FM's. I've tried every combination of the road names that I can think of, and it just won't do it. You have to put a city or zip in the search field. I love Google Maps, and so far this is the only major dissapointment I've had with it. Google Earth let me down in this respect, as well. Speaking of Google Earth, this program just rocks. I've been using the free version for about a year now, and I just love. I can waste hours just messing around with it. I'll probably buy the full version when I get a GPS. You need 3D graphics, so check out the video requirements before you download.

Texas T said:
There was a push to rename them all to "urban" but that went over like the proverbial lead balloon.

Would that be the LBJ Ranch/Park?

A search in Google Maps for RR-1, Hye, TX 78635 produced this map. It's interesting that the map image itself does not refer to the road as RR-1, only as Klein-Buebsahm Rd., but Google finds it on the map anyway when the search for RR-1 is run.

FM-2 ... do we have a 3?

Well, here is FM-2

DSCN1118sm.jpg

As for all the comments that this is going to take a life time... well there are over 2500 members to this forum, if we each only take 2 pictures we have exceeded the amount of FM Roads in Texas.

GAME ON!

R1200GSA said:
It runs between Marquez & Normangee. Surely someone is near there?

It's not too far from Huntsville. How 'bout you head over there, TM?;-)

I've got 3048 and 3391!:rofl:

I have a photo , If I find it and give it to somebody to post everyone can see it . SEYA

Back