• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trans-America Trail on a CB500x...

A CB500 is a reasonably light bike so not a bad choice, but she is going to have to work fairly hard in a lot of areas if she doesn't have knobby tyres!! Love riding the TAT and she won't quickly forget it. Hope she has/had a great time.

Gary

Last edited:
Did you bother to listen to the program?

SHE!

She has a Rally Raid modified CB500x with 16/19 wire wheels, knobby tires, proper engine guard, fork and shock upgrades etc, etc.

Did you bother to listen to the program?

SHE!

She has a Rally Raid modified CB500x with 16/19 wire wheels, knobby tires, proper engine guard, fork and shock upgrades etc, etc.

I thought the same after watching that same video about 6 months ago with the sound off. Lol

Rob, I couldn't see a link for a program, I just read the text. Will look again, my wife has ridden the TAT a couple of times with me and my daughter has ridden half of it, but all on dual sport bikes.

Gary

Last edited:
Rob, I couldn't see a link for a program, I just read the text. Will look again, my wife has ridden the TAT a couple of times with me and my daughter has ridden half of it, but all on dual sport bikes.

Gary

No link for the program, it's an audio only radio program. It's the wide black bar with a play arrow on the left, title and download button on the right just below the page header. Jenny's part is about 40 minutes before Brad Bakers interview. She covers everything quite well.

Rob, thanks for enlightening me about Adventure Rider Radio. I listened to both interviews. Two very different outlooks on the Eastern part of the trail. The real time interview as he rode out of Ouray into the storm was great as was Jenny's advice about enjoying other interesting things near the route. Two very different ways of approaching the TAT.

Rob, thanks for enlightening me about Adventure Rider Radio. I listened to both interviews. Two very different outlooks on the Eastern part of the trail. The real time interview as he rode out of Ouray into the storm was great as was Jenny's advice about enjoying other interesting things near the route. Two very different ways of approaching the TAT.

I think she provided a lot of good information and the whole audio was worth listening to.

Now if I could find a picture of me on my 1966 black S-90! :trust: :rider:

P.S. You want see me at my age riding on anything with drop offs on both sides! I know all of Murphy's laws and have proven most of them!!

Last edited:
Back