• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jackets; any suggestions?

Okay ladies...I'm looking for my first jacket--haven't even got a bike yet! Anyway, I like the looks of the Tour Master Trinity jackets and have read couple of good reviews on them. Any personal experience out there? How about the Cortech LNX and LRX (leather and textile, respectively)? I am REAL new to all of this!

Thanks--
Cheryl

Check out the Vanson jackets, as well. They manufacture women-specific cuts and sizes.

First day riding with new Vanson VentMax 3

Back was all that got wet.

GREAT.

Thanks MotoLiberty!

I love my Vanson Vent Max 3 ....it works the best for me. I also have have the Olympia Air but when its real hot ......hands down its Vent Max 3 :sun:

I decided to buy a Vanson Vent Max III today. It took me a while to find someone in the Houston area that actually stocks them, but I finally did:

BRITISH USA
1210 College Dr, Houston, TX 77587
713-944-7951

They are located near Hobby Airport and according to the person I spoke with they have all sizes from XS - XXXL, in silver as well as black. About time you can buy a mens mesh jacket in a color other than black - the color that most effectively absorbs the sun's :sun: radiation!

Yeah, those prices, I'd love to see more for sure. I like inexpensive and good. But I don't buy cheap. :) Anyone on here have this Nforza brand in anything?

Try cycleport's (motoport.com) kevlar mesh. Not cheap, but can be had with a great gore-tex liner that will work down to about 50 degrees (unfaired bike). absolutely the most protective gear you can buy.

I will 2nd cycleport. I have their Cordora Ultra II jacket and Ultra II Kevlar pants. They provide incredible protection. They are expensive and this is heavy for TX summers. I am now looking into their Kevlar mesh gear.

I do not feel most mesh gear provide enough protection for my liking. Roadwarrior, do you have or know someone with the cycleport kevlar mesh? How well does it flow air? Thanks for any input.

I have the kevlar mesh jacket... and have had it for 2 Houston summers :trust: It is a little warmer than the Cortech GX Air that I had before, but really only notice it when sitting.

Bird,

I have had the 3/4 kevlar mesh jacket for a three years. I just got the shorter-length mesh. I'd recommend the shorter jacket, since it zips to the pants, and doesn't have the extra material to drag around and bunch up around your waist when riding.

The jacket won't flow as much air as the Vanson ventmax, but will offer significantly more protection. I also splurged on one of those earlier in the year. The airflow is great, but no zipper to mate to pants, and it is just lighter less protective material in general, although very well made. No liner available for it.

The more full-coverage (especially chest) armor in the Cycleport jackets cuts down on some of the airflow, but thats the tradeoff here. On the full fairing bike the ventmax is cooler. On either of the bikes, faired or unfaired, the kevlar has a wider range of useful temperatures and offers more protection.

Since I bought the longer jacket, cycleport has improved the design a bit, adding velcro straps to cinch up the sleeves to keep the armor more in place.

Nice to see them improving the design for functional reasons.

Thanks for the inputs. This is about what I expected. I have had the 3/4 length Cordora Ultra II for about 5 years now. Overall it has served well. I just think its time has come since we move recently to Austin. It is simply too hot from May to October here. Additionally, I have experinced the issue with the jacket bunching up. I found that now and then the back armor would get pushed up on the raised rear passenger seat section of my Hawk as well. All of these are pushing me to toward the short jacket.

Road, do you have any pictures of your new short jacket? I would love to see some more. Did you have any of the pockets deleted or is yours the standard design?

Thanks for all the inputs.

Eric

I bought an Olympia AST 3/4 touring jacket back in Feb '07 at MotoLiberty and hated to put it away for the summer. I wore it today on an early morning run to Pasadena (from Beaumont) and well, I like the AST so much I'm actually looking forward to cold weather. It's very comfortable with a temp range of low 30's to high 70's. The exterior is waterproof (not just a membrane) and it has huge direct flow vents with waterproof zippers on the chest, back and upper arm. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

I have to confess the AST wasn't my first choice. My mesh gear is Fieldsheer and I've been pleased with it so I chose the Fieldsheer Adventure jacket. It turned out to be stiff and uncomfortable and the vents were a pain to operate. It wasn't all that warm either. Thank goodness Audrey at MotoLiberty let me exchange it for the Olympia after I'd had it a week.

Attachments

• 204180774-M-2.jpg
    204180774-M-2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 146
Back