• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: Powerlet Mini USB Standard

Reaction score
I purchased this a while ago, just hadn't used it. Turns out I bought the wrong one. I need a micro USB and this is a mini USB. I tried using an aftermarket converter, however it doesn't work on all my devices for some reason.

I bought this for a Garmin Nuvi 3590 and it works well with that, just not my phone for some reason. Also works well with any micro and mini USB device, so I'm sure it's the converter that is messing things up with the phone.

Still in the original packaging, instructions included, and it also has the adapter (PPC-024) required for some Garmin units to prevent it from reading as a USB device and actually powering the unit.

This is it:

powerlet-L.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/powerlet-mini-usb-standard-powerlet-cable

$30 + shipping or deliver/pickup in DFW.

This should work with the new SPOT GEN 3 if you wish to power that off the bike. This is the first SPOT model to have this option.

GLWS

The power cable went out on my Garmin GPS on the way to Dallas for last weekend's ride. I even tried calling Lone Star BMW on Thursday night to see if they had one of these that I could pick up on my way through on Friday.

If I'd just had the sense to try TWT.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Oops! Ignore! My reading comprehension didn't pick up Mini vs. Micro!

Last edited:
This should work with the new SPOT GEN 3 if you wish to power that off the bike. This is the first SPOT model to have this option.

GLWS

Upon Further Review (:lol2:) the USB cable for the new SPOT Gen 3 is a micro mini, not a standard mini

Just wait till they come out with the tiny micro standard.

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

Back