• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings for Lincoln Parish. Wait - "parish"?!!?

cWj

Reaction score
First Name
mynameisnotslimshady
Hello, all. I currently reside in Lincoln Parish in the north of Louisiana...right on I-20 about an hour and change east of the TX border. I recently saw a '09 1250S on Dallas Craigslist. I'd been looking at VFR800s, but decided to go with the simpler maintenance of the GSF.

This is only my second bike. The last was a '96 GS500 that mysteriously stopped running after I opened it up for a valve check. I handed that off to my nephew to beat on. The GSF was selected partly with the hope of being able to do a ride with my brother this Spring and largely so I won't have to mess with valves every 4-8K miles.

y3mw6moxRH18b7WwRHGSAiPugEqVOsHKuWqCjzsMIQZgBn-dIoUA82ilMDHU1j_XE69PZ4iBjQWOPFqBxY0qbLx6Yph7U0WPLUB0UqfGgm9eei5wxKQQlSmijYYNqy--QyKgjPd3TheKHyofSkIKH6J27cUSoDyTgRX08C0wtt-3kI

Holeshot Touring can, TFI with Stage 1 tune, modded air box, K&N filter, suspension currently stock until I can get an extra pair of hands to set sag correctly. Thinking of trying a fork brace before going all out on a Race Tech/revalve.

Last edited:
Welcome from Arlington.

You mean we really are supposed to check the valves? :eek:

Valves.....hmm. Seems like I heard of those things before. Like on a trumpet, right? Lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks, all.

Yeah...after two bouts of "too tight", the last was "too loose". I gave up..:giveup:

Uh-oh, look out now, Summer Grove!

Welcome to TWR. Been all over your area. . . raised outside Jonesboro and the Houston area, back to Ruston to further my edumakation and lived in West Monroe for a couple years before coming back south.

Welcome to TWR. Been all over your area. . . raised outside Jonesboro and the Houston area, back to Ruston to further my edumakation and lived in West Monroe for a couple years before coming back south.

Undergrad was UH. Went to Tech's Lab Elementary school for 8 years before switching to the public school system.

Back