• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheeseburger loop

Sorry I missed y'all, was tied up helping the in laws until noon. Got out and rode 130 miles on my new bike. Almost got taken out by a really soft patch of dirt on Old Deer Camp road. Was fun, seat upgrade next.

I rode the north half of the Cheeseburger Loop yesterday and found quite of bit of rerouting due to Harvey. Here is what I learnt!

Stubblefield Lake Road across Lake Conroe is out!
2nxz7gQG2PI_9Gco2pv6K_IY3IX2kWwJQz8ozar8BMa9eTuunHcRnD1VQV-8MIn5aWqG1NDGoBGW-mQJFM=w1148-h647-no.jpg

NF 222 Up to FM1374 is closed. Didn't get a picture of this, since there is an easy (longer) dirt road NF 214 up to FM1374.

Just beyond Carlos about 6 or so miles the bridge is out on CR 190.
rt2DbZHB_BIAvMNpiNSAzqMs9nqvqVWgD6ZV1HFfmIVY2HmdOpdiT5ffj9ZhjMgTdd_nITXA_P7J2UbuGk=w1148-h647-no.jpg

RtfTvNaQpYChd-PiwjBeF8J7IQzDBrw1yiK6Sv8X4IJgdfDvLt-dqrXTiy5XG3TL_S7haDgUKKvRbQBFeY=w1148-h647-no.jpg

r4Etog9QSFKU57vLDqNi2AUJ3pcAzdReywwOdvchqBb07GOrJq8ZC_Ah30UyrmulmSHdM1ykVfee2bL0og=w1148-h647-no.jpg

I thought I would post these. It looks like they are working frantically on CR 190 to get that repaired, but Stubblefield Lake Road, they look pretty content on the status of repair. There was no easy navigation around either barrier I could see, plus in the forest there had to have been at least 3 Rangers within a mile of the bridge.

I rode the north half of the Cheeseburger Loop yesterday and found quite of bit of rerouting due to Harvey. Here is what I learnt!

2nxz7gQG2PI_9Gco2pv6K_IY3IX2kWwJQz8ozar8BMa9eTuunHcRnD1VQV-8MIn5aWqG1NDGoBGW-mQJFM=w1148-h647-no.jpg

NF 222 Up to FM1374 is closed. Didn't get a picture of this, since there is an easy (longer) dirt road NF 214 up to FM1374.

rt2DbZHB_BIAvMNpiNSAzqMs9nqvqVWgD6ZV1HFfmIVY2HmdOpdiT5ffj9ZhjMgTdd_nITXA_P7J2UbuGk=w1148-h647-no.jpg

RtfTvNaQpYChd-PiwjBeF8J7IQzDBrw1yiK6Sv8X4IJgdfDvLt-dqrXTiy5XG3TL_S7haDgUKKvRbQBFeY=w1148-h647-no.jpg

r4Etog9QSFKU57vLDqNi2AUJ3pcAzdReywwOdvchqBb07GOrJq8ZC_Ah30UyrmulmSHdM1ykVfee2bL0og=w1148-h647-no.jpg

I thought I would post these. It looks like they are working frantically on CR 190 to get that repaired, but Stubblefield Lake Road, they look pretty content on the status of repair. There was no easy navigation around either barrier I could see, plus in the forest there had to have been at least 3 Rangers within a mile of the bridge.
I was out there about a month ago and found the same impediments, but they hadn't torn the bridge out on 190. We crossed Stubblefield on the pedestrian portion on the south side. We would have taken the low road on 190, but the gate was locked. Hopefully this stuff will get fixed soon!

I think you could have cleared it (bridge). ::trust:

I think you could have cleared it (bridge). ::trust:

Experience, my man, experience! I will wait for you to show me! When are you going to be able to ride dirt again?

I knew about Stubblefield, from local news this could be a while. Wasn't aware of the others. Thanks for sharing.

I was on NF222 immediately after the storm on the 800, was very challenging but got through. Just needs a good grading I would think and a little dirt brought in, can't believe the forest service moves so slow.

Experience, my man, experience! I will wait for you to show me! When are you going to be able to ride dirt again?

I've got 5 more weeks of PT, counting this one. They've told me I'm OK to lift things, but not to try to catch something if it tries to get away from me. In other words, no sharp pulls to the arm/shoulder area. I've ridden on the road over to Sugar Land and went down the rally yesterday with no issues. Think I'd be OK as long as I didn't go down which I seem to do from time to time. Show me a mud hole, hold my beer, and watch this. :lol2:

Back