• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

whoops wasps...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

So, I rode Bettina, my new MV Italiana-- from Sugar Land up to Bellville this morning. Met my friend Mitch for breakfast at Newman's Bakery (highly recommended). As I was rolling into town, felt something up my left jacket sleeve...sort of a hot nail sensation. Sure enough...a wasp had flown in there and stung my left inside wrist. Whee on that. Ride in general was variable fast/slow with traffic and a farmer moving two round hay bales. One bale decided to have a mind of its own, and roll down highway 36 just south of Sealy. Free hay?

Keep calm, carry on? Don't panic?

I put 180 miles Bettina over about five hours...four of those riding. I am truly impressed with the new MV, such a capable bike. Got to ride some moderate hills and curves, and a section of freeway. Bike really sings at 85 mph in sixth gear, the tuned exhaust has interesting resonance. The 800 cc triple also loves to consume mass quantities of high octane organic residue from Jurassic source beds.

Staying hydrated this time of year is a challenge.

Sting was not too bad. My wife made up a paste of meat tenderizer for it. Also a light lunch and a beer and nap helped. Been a while since stung riding, but yes they are a hazard. Also got whapped by a unknown bug right on my neck at high speed...

A very fun morning.

Attachments

• wasp_aug9.jpg
    wasp_aug9.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Bettina_eX_Aug2018.jpg
    Bettina_eX_Aug2018.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Had a bee investigating my helmet while it hung on my bike. Pulled it on and rode off without noticing him. A few miles down the road, he made his way to my face and punched me in the nose before I could get my shield up. Looked like Jimmy Durante that night. Hot chacha cha cha!!!

Last edited:
You're making appreciate my hand guards and tall windscreen about now.

Back when I was a teenager and riding my Z1, I had a loose fitting shirt on. Cruising down the road minding my own business when a wasp went in the collar, nailed me 3 times in the back before I could get stopped and take the shirt off. That was when I realized someone has a voodoo doll of me somewhere.

I have had bees get in my mesh air-jacket before they think it is a comb nest or something.
An old lady almost my age :lol2: turned me on to this for all stings including fire ants. You can get it at Brookshire Brother's. Put it on full strength. Works every time. About five dollars and lasts forever. We keep it in medicine cabinet .

Attachments

• mouthwash.jpg
    mouthwash.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 140
I think I recognize that bike! Did I see you in Italian Superbikes last week when you were picking up your bike? I was in gawking at the Moto Guzzi and inquiring about service for my new "little" monster. You were getting all the goodies that came with that gorgeous MV...

Us TWT's should have a secret handshake or something !

Dave.

attachment.jpg

Lucydad...Could we have a "full frontal" of that sexy beast?

Last edited:
Mlink,

Yes, that was me at Italian Superbikes picking up "Bettina" 2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR. I am closing in on the 600 mile first service after now owning the bike ten days. I must like it.

Trying to post a pix, but uploader says I have already done that on my available photos of MV. Hmm.

Here is a pix from last Sunday at church taken by my friend Ed.

Bella forza!

Cavalca come il vento!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! I've not had the "pleasure" of meeting a wasp in flight yet, (not one that survived meeting me at speed anyway) but you just reminded me I need to add anti-histamine pills to my permanent carry items. Just in case....
BTW... you should be well pleased with the tease photo, it worked a treat! lol
So how about a big reveal?

Mlink,

Yes, that was me at Italian Superbikes picking up "Bettina" 2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR. I am closing in on the 600 mile first service after now owning the bike ten days. I must like it.

Trying to post a pix, but uploader says I have already done that on my available photos of MV. Hmm.

Here is a pix from last Sunday at church taken by my friend Ed.

Bella forza!

Cavalca come il vento!

Gina told me about using tapatalk app to post up big pictures here on this site. It free too and pretty easy to figure out.

I was nailed by a wasp in my chest while riding my RD350. Even at low speed, I thought I was shot, it hurt a lot. i remembered my Grandpa telling me about how they took gasoline from the tractor sediment bowl and put it on stings while picking corn. Give it a try, it works, really fast. rh

So, yesterday morning the wasp sting finally was going away. I have been very careful not to scratch. Using cortaid helped, but yeah wicked.

Bryan L, hit me up on dinner. I am retired and mostly available.

My son had one enter his race suit at the neck and sting him on the back straightaway at Eagles Canyon.

Nothing like braking from 100+ for the next corner with a wasp or bee stinging you. He said he just had to live with it for a bit while he got the bike slowed and turned and then he was whacking himself in the chest trying to kill it.

I was in front so I didn't see it....I sure wish I had. :)

Back