• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROK straps

Reaction score
I'm sure most here already know about [ame="http://www.amazon.com/ROK-Straps-Cruiser-Motorcycle-Adjustable/dp/B002L8RPDE"]ROK straps[/ame], but someone recommended them to me on another board. They work so well in situations where bungies simply won't. I just put a box of wine on the back, one quick tug and it's not going anywhere. I also strapped a bottle of wine on the seat with the ROK straps while I was camping and road 25 miles with it... even over a rough dirt road and it didn't slip at all.

Neither one of those scenarios would have worked with my bungies or bungie net. I thought the $22 paid on Amazon was steep for a set, but now I have to say it was money well spent! :-P

I love them. I use them often on my bikes and truck.

My only complaint is that they fade quickly when left in sunlight. Makes me wonder if they are getting weaker from UV exposure.

I love them. I use them often on my bikes and truck.

My only complaint is that they fade quickly when left in sunlight. Makes me wonder if they are getting weaker from UV exposure.

That's good to know. I don't have my topbox fittings yet, etc. but maybe instead of leaving a set strapped on the back seat, I'll keep them in my front cargo and just keep them out of the sun unless I need'm.

I bought 2 sets, one for set for my back seat and one to use on the cargo shelf of my topbox.

Learn how to tie a rope

I'm guessing you're joking? I've got a Honda nc700x. The gas goes under the passenger seat, so tying and untying a rope all the time would not be very practical. With the ROK straps, if I have something on the back, it's simple to just unclip, fill up, then reclip.

Thanks for the tip on ropes though. :clap:

Oh... and this is a review section. I bought some ROK straps and find them a nicely designed product and wanted to share the info that someone else shared with me. Not sure where the instructions to "learn to tie a rope" is coming from, but I'm hoping it was just some attempt at humor.

I have three sets, the bungee type in two lengths and the loop end adjustable type. One of the best accessories I have ever purchased.

Not to mention that ropes won't fit the same cargo slots that the straps use.

I grew up on a sailboat and can tie more knots than I can count, but in 30+ years of riding, I've yet to find a use for them on a motorcycle. Straps are more secure and more versatile.

Yep, love them. Keep a set in the tank bag. Flat, stiff and not too stretchy. Work great.

Oh... and this is a review section. I bought some ROK straps and find them a nicely designed product and wanted to share the info that someone else shared with me. Not sure where the instructions to "learn to tie a rope" is coming from, but I'm hoping it was just some attempt at humor.

Considering that the same user told someone else "HOw about just don't ride like you're going for a championship. No reason to be riding 110% out in the middle of nowhere." without knowing anything about that rider or how they ride, so no, I doubt that it was an attempt at humor.

And another +1 for ROK straps. I bought some at the IBA meeting this year and have been very pleased with them.

And I learned knot tying to earn my Boy Scout Merit Badge and I still prefer using the ROK straps. :trust:

Last edited:
I bought a pair 5 yrs ago.The bike lived outside and the straps stayed on the pillion seat that whole time.One strap broke last weekend.I think it speaks well for their durability and I'm getting another set.

I was looking at them a few years back then won a set at a gathering. Sat in my tank bag a few months before I had a need to use them. Fell in love with it and bought another set. Now I keep a set in all my bikes. Don't leave home without them. :mrgreen:

I like the ones with the loop ends. You don't have to worry about a metal hook going into your spokes

Learn how to tie a rope

That's like telling someone who says they like their Dremel and find it quite useful that they need to learn how to use a hacksaw.

ROK straps for the win, every time. Very handy solution to a lot of problems.

ROK straps are great for tying a tarp to whatever your tying it to as they will stretch, yet will keep the tarp taut.

...Neither one of those scenarios would have worked with my bungies or bungie net. I thought the $22 paid on Amazon was steep for a set, but now I have to say it was money well spent! :-P

I resisted buying these for a long time also because of price. Finally decided to try a set last month and WOW! All my cargo nets and bungies have been moved to the garage shelf already and I will be purchasing a couple more sizes of Rok straps. It is one of those incredible simple and so well executed items that you bang your head and think why didn't I do this long ago. They are that good.

I'm sure most here already know about ROK straps, but someone recommended them to me on another board. They work so well in situations where bungies simply won't. I just put a box of wine on the back, one quick tug and it's not going anywhere. I also strapped a bottle of wine on the seat with the ROK straps while I was camping and road 25 miles with it... even over a rough dirt road and it didn't slip at all.

Neither one of those scenarios would have worked with my bungies or bungie net. I thought the $22 paid on Amazon was steep for a set, but now I have to say it was money well spent! :-P

Don't spill the wine! :chug:

And don't open a can of beer while riding! ;-) It turns to foam! :eek2: I know! :trust: I learned that 44 years ago! :lol2:

Back