• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What homemade farkles have you done!

Reaction score
I did a few searches on here to see if there were any threads like this and i didn't find any, but that is definitely not saying much as my search skills aren't perfect. So i figured a new one wouldn't hurt. So what have you built for your bike? I'm going to post mine when i can reduce some pictures sizes.

Last edited:
Aux fuel tank

DSCN1941s.jpg

I couldn't see spending $40 on a clutch perch (without the switches) so I found some 10amp waterproof switches on Ebay and fabbed up a mount for them with some scrap aluminum from an old street sign. It works great and I got to choose the exact location that I wanted for the switches.

perch+switch.png

My seat cushion. I "repurposed" an old Z-Rest backpacker sleeping pad, and used 4 mini-bungee cords to attach it to the seat. It's quite comfortable. Every 18 months it wears out and I have to cut another section off of the Z-Rest. At this point, I'll have to buy another sleeping pad in about 2017.

Attachments

• 2012-0515 (19).jpg
    2012-0515 (19).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 349
I'm all about DIY farkl'n, here's a few...

A rack for my DR...
IMG_8628.jpg

Finished product...

IMG_8622.jpg

Spare fuel...

IMG_0291800.jpg

Case Saver...

IMG_10051023_zps094dc626.jpg

IMG_1007_zps2078e7e1.jpg

Tool Tube...

IMG_0304800.jpg

On board computer for my Wing...

Statusr.jpg

Main-2r.jpg

Trailer hitch for my Wing...

102-0205_IMG.jpg

Hitch.jpg

Trailer to go with the hitch...

106-0607_IMG.jpg

GageMotel.jpg

I like making farkles. :mrgreen:

That's it, I quit.

Nice work Desert Skies.

Did I mention I did all the fab work with a half used nail file?

Sorry, got carried away...

How's this?

R1200GS H7 headlight clip retainment modification...

IMG_0055800.jpg

Desert Skies, you forgot your 1200GS oil filter wrench ;-)

1200GSA Turn signal saver. Heard about a lot of melted turn signals so I made this little plate. Just aluminum with bedliner sprayed on it, held in place by 3 zip ties. 30k miles and no melted turn signal and the zip ties have amazingly lasted too.

IMG_4964-L.jpg

1200GSA Turn signal saver. Heard about a lot of melted turn signals so I made this little plate. Just aluminum with bedliner sprayed on it, held in place by 3 zip ties. 30k miles and no melted turn signal and the zip ties have amazingly lasted too.

IMG_4964-L.jpg

The turn signal on my 1150 looked like a Salvador Dali painting after I mounted the Jesse side bags :doh:

I can't compare to Desert Skies' excellent workmanship. But I did build a nice little storage tube out of PVC pipe, a drain cap, and a couple of metal brackets from Home Depot. I already had a can of black spray paint lying around. Total cost - probably about $15 including hanging hardware.

IMG_17231_zpsed9d1d50.jpg

I did build a nice little storage tube out of PVC pipe, a drain cap, and a couple of metal brackets from Home Depot. I already had a can of black spray paint lying around. Total cost - probably about $15 including hanging hardware.

Tim, don't have to be fancy, just creative. :thumb:

Here's a thought, search the interweb and find someone that ditched their stock and see if you can pink it up for a song. Pull the end off and screw it too your tool tube... VIOLA! instant 350 CCs... :trust:

Sorry, no dual sport.

All I did was add a 2000 R1 forks and brakes mounted in RC51 triples, Hayabusa master cylinders for front brakes and clutch, mid 90's BMW hard bags and mounts, Blackbird mirrors with turn signals, custom exhaust with Remus Viper carbon dual port can, homemade license plate mount with LED lights from brakes, and a homemade custom 2 piece seat so I have under seat storage to my 93 VFR.

So much more rideable and touring friendly.

Larry
VFRrider

Bicycle rack for Bandit and for BMW R1100RS.

Attachments

• bike rack bandit.jpg
    bike rack bandit.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 156
  • bmw bike rack.jpg
    bmw bike rack.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 168
Cool! Can you post some closer pictures? I have a buddy who's trying to figure out how to build something like that for his VStrom 1K.

IMG_4964-L.jpg

I needed to cool the 'Jessies Dutch Oven', here's what I did.

IMG_13771023_zpse1f9421b.jpg

Back