• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sava Tires - alternative to TKC-80?

M

mr-roboto

The dual-sport training camp, RawHyde, who supports a fleet of GS for it's instructors have been complaining about the short life of the TKC-80. Apparently, the company is starting to promote a tire I have never heard of called, Sava. It has similar grip design and properties of the TKC-80 but is cheaper in cost. They also have a competivie advantage and based on the PR from the web site at RawHyde it is...

First – where are they made? Savatech, as they are known in Europe, is a Slovenian company that manufactures a full line of tires from heavy truck tires to scooter tires. Sava is a subsidiary of the American company Goodyear tire and they have a state of the art facility in Kranj, Slovenia. If you’re interested in learning more simply Google the phrase “Goodyear Dunlop Sava” and you’ll get lots of information.

Tread - The Sava MC 60 is a unique tire, with a feature that no other tire has. It’s a true knobby and it’s directional! What does that mean? Well – it means that if you are mostly a street rider who wants to occasionally ride off-road these tires have a directional “road rotation” which extends their life if you plan to ride a lot of pavement. If you plan to ride a lot of dirt and you want maximum traction off-road then you mount the tire so that it rotates in the opposite direction and you’ll have the best possible off-road traction.

thread-description.jpg

Sava’s are a great alternative to the TKC 80 – they wear better, are less expensive and are still a premium European tire.
Source

Is this marketing hype or is it a real alternative to the TKC-80 juggernaut?

flipmeister.gif

RB

Not actually "cheaper". Maybe cheaper in the sense of MSRP. $225.50 and $128.50. And (I assume) plus shipping. "Exclusively available through RawHyde". Claimed 40% longer life than TKC from tread pattern and "slightly harder compound".

I just shot email over to Todd, SLM Racing or KTM of North Texas in Arlington. On the information on this tire.
Just to see if he is able get that tire, you never know, need to ask.
If so, what would be the retail on that tire?

Zactly.......Robert and LSBMW this is worth checking out....we need a good local dealer! ;-)

I'll check into this again but when Rawhyde started bringing these in I do believe they were the exclusive dealers. But certainly worth checking into.

Back