• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Victory Police Bike!

Corpus Christi PD recently bought 10 for their motorcycle cops. According to the salesman, the guys that had beemers don't appreciate the change.

“Every Victory police motorcycle comes with a full-length skidplate,” he told Tuscon’s KOLD news. “If I’m an officer and I’m being shot at, I can lay the bike down on its side. The bike and the skidplate will protect my torso.”

That's some imaginative marketing!

“Every Victory police motorcycle comes with a full-length skidplate,” he told Tuscon’s KOLD news. “If I’m an officer and I’m being shot at, I can lay the bike down on its side. The bike and the skidplate will protect my torso.”

That's some imaginative marketing!

Does seem far fetched at first but if you think more it's really not. SOP for officers to use their squad car as a shield so this follows along that line. With the crash bars creating a 34 degree lean that would be a significant pocket area to lay down and gain cover.

I do question the all black scheme and an air cooled bike for AZ summers though. Not a problem when rolling but LEO like to idle their vehicles a good bit. I'll be in Marana next month and keep my eyes peeled for one and my phone camera ready.

_

I'm not sure about the Victory, but an option for the Harley bikes is a secondary battery (Li, I think) to run the flashers and radio with the bike off. Obviously not as great as just running the bike, but, there it is.

Back