• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

adventure motorcycle show on netflix

I watched Long Way Round a couple of times. One thing that stuck with me was how much refurbishing of the bikes was done when they got to Alaska. They were pretty ragged out after crossing continents, then out of the shop they came looking brand new again, just in time to have one of them rear ended in traffic.

The other thing that I recall is that not too much focus was given to the camera man on the smaller bike, except when it was plain that he was having an easier time in the rough stuff. I would have loved to have been the camera man on that ride.

Never saw Long Way Down. Now Dust to Glory I have seen bunches of times. Makes me want to dust of the TV, See if the DVD player even still works, and watch it again.

I never thought of Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor as having "help" from their crews. Instead they were two guys who crossed Asia, Africa and North America and managed to make two mini series as they went - and employed several people in the process. It's one thing to say "I could have done it if" and another to make that "if" happen.

If you in to dirt bikes riding there is also a series called Moto the movie. 4 & 5 is on netfilx. my 2 1/2 year old grandson love watching the movies.

If you in to dirt bikes riding there is also a series called Moto the movie. 4 & 5 is on netfilx. my 2 1/2 year old grandson love watching the movies.
Moto 3 is on Amazon. Not sure about the rest.

rider "Colebatch" had a narration of his "Sibirsky Extreme" ride.
Now that is the one to go on.

Was a pretty comprehensive free read of it, but can't find it now.

Had a lot of info in it about the ride, pic, videos, etc.
And the total cost of the ride. Was not really that much in USD to do.

http://www.sibirskyextreme.com/

There were three riders that started, no support vehicles.

Last edited:
Checkout MAD TV, Lyndon Poskitt Racing, Races to Places, Alex Chacon, Everide, Onherbike...

LOL ...

Long Way Around is a great documentary style reality show.
Subscribed to Proskitt's YouTube channel. Good stuff.

Movies/TV Shows:

World's Fastest Indian is kinda cool.
I was glued to Wednesday night TV back in the late 60s watching Then Came Bronson
The Mechanic has a MC chase scene. I recall reading about it in Cycle World.

any other good movies?

I need to get caught up

Not sure that they were good, but there was a couple of ADV films put out as part of a guys ministry. A bunch of guys riding F800s in Colorado IIRC. It was a combination of purpose driven life and the old Budweiser "Love you Daddy" commercials. Sorry I can't remembers the name, but I bet someone will. If that's your interest give them a watch.

Redbull.tv has a lot of good free movies also. I just watched moto 8 and rewatched the latest On any Sunday. While not adv related there's also a lot of race coverage such as the Erzdurg hare scramble and I think Romaniacs will be live streamed also.

I never did get the "long way around". Both great riders. As far as adventure.... Dude they had a chase truck and whole crew following them. They never wandered anywhere a 4x4 couldn't go and he blew out his shock beating and overloaded bike. Just grabbed a spare from the truck. Who carries a spare shock? Those that have a full on chase truck! Maybe I'm jealous as I've never had anyone follow me with a chase truck.

I think the reason KTM backed out of the deal was they were unsure of those two taking the bikes and filming them doing something stupid and turning folks away or maybe they thought they needed their bikes to more racing focused and this was no race.

I can't remember if I've seen the MOTO 8 movie. They had several of them on Netflix. May have to add Redbull TV to the Roku.

Yea, Long way Round is why you see BMW's everywhere and really helped kick off the ADV craze. To me it wasn't so much about the ADV and roughing it but two friends having a good time. I enjoyed it for what it was. But it was very mainstream and many of the bikes that we see on the market I believe are there because of the shot of adrenaline the series gave to the market segment. It's pretty much a must watch if you are doing the ADV thing, just for what it is.

And yea, KTM played it safe there, but that series sold a lot of BMW's, similar to Tom Cruise recruiting for the Navy. :D

Redbull.tv has a lot of good free movies also. I just watched moto 8 and rewatched the latest On any Sunday. While not adv related there's also a lot of race coverage such as the Erzdurg hare scramble and I think Romaniacs will be live streamed also.

Thanks for tip on Redbull.tv Lot of free flicks.

Back