• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Arlington, Texas!

Looks like the wife and kid want to go. Just meet me there in the car.
Im sure it is, i cant imagine an icecream meet up being out of hand unless lactose intolerant. But, these are wife and kid friendly right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool! We shall show. Will need to stop for some lactaid... [emoji13]
Cant have my first meeting in person go down that road.

Last edited:
Wish I could be there, but I will be in Orlando until Saturday evening. Y'all have fun!

Two people i work with just took off to Florida. Must be a popular vac place. :p
Have fun!

It IS. We call them "Cotton Tops", mostly. Of course, I'll be one of them very soon - if I'm lucky.

I will eventually move to FL permanently. Work keeps me here right now. I have no real arguments with TX, I just LOVE the water and want to be near or on it. I do, however, hate San Antonio. There are far, far better places to be than here.

Two people i work with just took off to Florida. Must be a popular vac place. :p
Have fun!

I'm sure they will be having more fun than I will be having. I am going down there for work where I can expect some fairly long days. Thursday will be 12-14hrs, Friday will be 16+, and Saturday I work until noon and then catch my flight back home to be at the shop on Sunday for a full day. Gotta love the busy season!

It IS. We call them "Cotton Tops", mostly. Of course, I'll be one of them very soon - if I'm lucky.

I will eventually move to FL permanently. Work keeps me here right now. I have no real arguments with TX, I just LOVE the water and want to be near or on it. I do, however, hate San Antonio. There are far, far better places to be than here.

Lol! I hope i do too.
I figured San Antonio was a nice place to live.
Totally agree with better places out there though.

I'm sure they will be having more fun than I will be having. I am going down there for work where I can expect some fairly long days. Thursday will be 12-14hrs, Friday will be 16+, and Saturday I work until noon and then catch my flight back home to be at the shop on Sunday for a full day. Gotta love the busy season!

I dont miss traveling for work at all. Well, some aspects of it i do. It just got harder when my wife then son came along.
Your going to be whooped after all them hours!
What business are you in? If you dont mind me asking.

Well, the fancy way to put it is face to face marketing and live engagements. The plain way to put it is the convention and trade show business. Microsoft Global Exchange is loading out of Orlando and I am going to help sort equipment and get it to where it needs to be headed.

Lucky for me, I am to the point where travel is very limited and typically my option. It wasn't like that in the past and back then I would travel 4-5 times per month.

Sounds fancy! :p
Seems like its a good gig. Traveling on your own decision is def a perk.
My traveling and job description never sounded so... Involved.
I guess i can say i am a manipulator and distributer of electronical flow.
I only traveled to north Carolina, (electrical and pave stone laying..)Rhode Island (burn facility maint. once a year) and Mississippi for a huge lifting platform for NASA. Nasa was the coolest. Got to feed an alligator a whole chicken there too. Lol. It was frozen! So dont knock me as a chicken killer. :p

I literally JUST watched that video! That is too freekin cool!
The surfing was awesome!

No kidding! Maybe it has Co2 fired floaties on it. :p

Nobody falls [emoji15]
Seriously. We never fall [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Where are we not falling next?!

Speaking of falling, I took an "endo" on my trials bike Sunday at Red River Motorcycle Trails. I dropped off a rock ledge by accident and the front tire planted and sent me over the handlebars with the bike following me. The helmet saved my head, but my knee, thigh and chest are a little sore.

This is my riding buddy, Josh, after falling into a crevasse near the river.
20150802_124408_zpsryjfmgr5.jpg

This is me after finding "Larry's Creek"; I didn't even know I had a creek named after me.
20150802_132530_zpslhiwrpxs.jpg

Oh no! Hope your feeling better!! [emoji47]
You say accidentally dropping off a rock ledge like, "ehh, whatever" lol! Id a prob did you know what in me pants.
Thats a serious crevasse too! He seems to be doing fine though. [emoji106]? any damages?
Larry's creek looks pretty dried up.

Oh no! Hope your feeling better!! [emoji47]
You say accidentally dropping off a rock ledge like, "ehh, whatever" lol! Id a prob did you know what in me pants.
Thats a serious crevasse too! He seems to be doing fine though. [emoji106]? any damages?
Larry's creek looks pretty dried up.

Josh and his bike are OK; he was going slow and landed on the grass which was soft.

My tumble was unintended because I was trying to avoid the drop-off. I attempted to go around the ledge, but the bike hit a rut and pitched me off balance, then inertia carried me in the direction of the drop-off. Next thing I know, the bike is on its side with my boot pinned under it.

I'm still finding bruises and soreness and wondering how they got there.

Back