• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Glove Recommendation?

What size gloves do you wear Bines? I have a pair of cortech accelerator in XL you can have for whatever shipping costs. Got them in a raffle and didn't like the fit. Using Rev'it dirt 2 in hot weather and phantom gtx in cooler weather now.

If Bines doesn't want these I might want to make an offer- I used to wear these gloves but they changed the manufacturing and they suck now- if these are a couple of years old they'd be perfect. Can you take a picture? Thanks!

Step outside the box.....

I worked in the oilfield up until about a year ago. (Took a break from air traffic control)

When tripping pipe, we had to wear impact gloves.

Thing is, your hands need to be protected from pinches, and cuts, but still be able to FEEL what your doing, and maintain grip when covered in oil based drilling mud.

That's a TALL ORDER. I've tried SO MANY different types, and two stood out. Both for comfort, and durability, but protection as well.

First runner up are the Ringer Roughneck gloves. I didn't like the gauntlets during the summer, but during the winter, the insulated ones were hard to beat.
http://aboloxsafety.com/gloves/indu...AAera6qpQ7ViplictMnWE7G8oy1gmXsVP0aAlx18P8HAQ

My absolute favorite, and the ones I wear now, when riding are the Magid T-Rex gloves.

I'm telling you, these hold up to rusty drill pipe spinning in your hand, and you can keep a good grip even on a mud/oil covered chain. They're the MOST comfortable impact glove I've ever worn, right out of the box. No break-in needed.
http://www.magidglove.com/mobile/Ma...Xn5c66ZiqmbLfLk80oWoxkx6C4suIpjS2IaAlGZ8P8HAQ

They'll hold up to this nonsense
FB_IMG_1425301011346_zpswtplcdox.jpg

Last edited:
If Bines doesn't want these I might want to make an offer- I used to wear these gloves but they changed the manufacturing and they suck now- if these are a couple of years old they'd be perfect. Can you take a picture? Thanks!

I've had them two years now. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 206
I've a pair of BiLT leather mesh gloves with reinforced palms and plastic knuckles. They're plenty comfy, worked well in the summer, did okay in the winter with Anti Freeze liners, and are still in mostly one piece after 7,800 miles. The suede like material on the palms has mostly rubbed off and there's a small tear in one cuff along the hem.

I'm thinking about a pair of gloves with armor or padding in the palms. Leather mesh is still appealing. Knuckle protection, too. They should be good for summer wear. I'm okay with using liners, or even different gloves, in the winter.

What do y'all like? $50 or less preferred, but I'd go higher for a really good pair.

for that price you could get a pair of Alpinestars Megawatt Hard Knuckles Gloves

Attachments

• alpinestars-megawatt-hard-knuckle-132.jpg
    alpinestars-megawatt-hard-knuckle-132.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
I prefer full gauntlet gloves to help protect lower part of the ulna. I also think you should get gloves that have the "pinky" finger sewed to the ring finger to prevent tearing it during a crash. You can also achieve the same objective by taping the last two fingers together.

...I have heard that Kangaroo leather is lighter than cowhide and supposedly has greater abrasion resistance.

RB

I bought these recently on closeout. Happy with them. $55.95 - come with sliders and superfabric. I got the L size in black, my size, and they fit fine, very comfy and with lots of protection.

I have a question. I bought a pair of these in XL. They seem quite 'snug'. Do they loosen up after a while. Usually XL's fit me perfectly.

New gloves always need a break in period. I wet them out in the sink, put them on and go for a ride. Do this a few times and they will stretch to fit your grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wearing them works for me. New gloves usually feel a little loose on my hands, if they are big enough for my long fingers.

The most protective and versatile gloves I own are a pair of elk skin ropers. Mine are Aerostich, but there are other brands. They are tough, protective, pliable and inexpensive. I wear them from 100 degrees down to about 50. Mine are at least five years old.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-elkskin-roper-gloves-16.html

IMG_1778_zpsb1rr7idy.jpg

I've finally worn out my short-gauntlet and ordered a new pair last week. I wear them in heat and cold -- even across Death Valley at 119 degrees. Great gloves. The longer gauntlet serves me well in winter.

My absolute favorite, and the ones I wear now, when riding are the Magid T-Rex gloves.

I'm telling you, these hold up to rusty drill pipe spinning in your hand, and you can keep a good grip even on a mud/oil covered chain. They're the MOST comfortable impact glove I've ever worn, right out of the box. No break-in needed.
http://www.magidglove.com/mobile/Ma...Xn5c66ZiqmbLfLk80oWoxkx6C4suIpjS2IaAlGZ8P8HAQ

So based upon that, I ordered a pair and first fit ... they feel pretty good.

My boxer thought my hands were one of her new chew toys. Lots of impact "armor".

I wanted to post here about the recent gloves that I didn't like. Bought a pair of Icon Twenty Niner, from Moto Liberty (Dallas) about 2 weeks ago. On Sunday 6/12, took the first long ride with them. Original short term wearing was positive thoughts. After living with them on the 4 hr. trip outbound, they were bleeding black on the hands, not good. Then on the 4 hr. trip home we hit rain, just enough to get things fairly wet. They were then dripping black and hands were more black. Took them off to dry, next day the little finger was rotated about 90 degrees. Yesterday went to Moto to ask about return policy, he checked with Icon, with receipt they'll send back to Icon for evaluation. One comment the Moto guy stated kind of put me off, 'those aren't rain gloves'. Told him I had no intention of riding in the rain, it just happened. He did say it shouldn't have bled and the little finger was because of riding in rain, I should have kept wearing until dry, so finger wouldn't rotate.

Another observation with these gloves is that the thumb seam lines up with thumb pressure on grips, very annoying.

I've ordered a different pair of gloves from a different vendor, we'll see on the next pair.

Ok tried Olympia Gloves Ventor #750, they bleed black. Any suggestions for a gel glove (numb hand problem) that doesn't bleed black or other color dye?

Ok tried Olympia Gloves Ventor #750, they bleed black. Any suggestions for a gel glove (numb hand problem) that doesn't bleed black or other color dye?

Ride with "no hands", numbness will be greatly reduced.;-)

For that price, they better be good.

I know ... kinda pricey at $139

But I've probably spent twice that on multiple pairs of inexpensive gloves searching for a good one.

I've been very pleased with every ReV'it! glove I've owned. I finally wore my Dirt gloves out - it took 6 years of daily summer use. The Roadstar is an amazing uninsulated Gore Tex glove. Pricey though. I loved my Alaska winter gloves so much I bought a back up pair used on ebay after they were discontinued. I had to exchange my first pair on Icon Pursuit gloves due to one being smaller than the other. Olympia is okay for the price. I have been impressed by the quality of Dainese gloves but the digits are too short for my hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I ordered a pair of KLIM induction from Revzilla.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-induction-short-gloves

Some of the BMW guys claim they are marvelous.

They arrived and I wore them around the house for about 30 minutes.

Initial thoughts were they were too freaking small. I measured my hands at 11 3/8" and according to the KLIM sizing chart I need a 3XL.

But as I wore them, they became more comfortable. Finger length was adequate and the size was OK. I was feeling seams inside the fingers around the middle joint, but that too seemed to work in.

Cut the tags and they are mine, now.

Rode to work and after getting some miles and a bit of sweat on them, they are beginning to feel and fit really nice.

The gel pads in the heel of my hands is perfectly placed to reduce the numbing vibrations.

Fingers and webbing are vented and flow air surprisingly well.

The only con is they only had black, dark gray and white. I was looking for hi-viz, but couldn't find any with gel and I thought had a reasonable chance at fitting

I think I've finally found a pair of gloves ...

I bought a pair of Fox Racing Bomber gloves. Snug. Comfy. Airy. Seem well built.

The Fox gloves are holding up.

For winter I bought River Road Cheyenne with 70 gram Thinsulate. The internet says they're women's gloves. My hands can't tell. I wore them with Cycle Gear Anti Freeze liners underneath in 39F on the highway. My hands weren't warm, but they weren't cold.

Back