• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Might be heading to Dallas?

Ahhh that banter was nothing. I'm a moderator on BARF (Bay Area Riders Forum) that has over 20,000 members so I get to read all kinds fun stuff. I never knew there was such a rivalry, but If I move to Plano the rivalry will be over. Plano would be by far the coolest place to live! :dude: Do you guys have a j/k smiley? On BARF we use the twofinger smiley.

BARF? So many comments, so little time! :-)

I'm also in the Plano/McKinney/Allen/Frisco corridor and work in Richardson. When you come visit post up and let some locals take you around. We tend to show you EVERYTHING...not just the "pretty stuff" realtors will share. :-)

Ahhh that banter was nothing. I'm a moderator on BARF (Bay Area Riders Forum) that has over 20,000 members so I get to read all kinds fun stuff. I never knew there was such a rivalry, but If I move to Plano the rivalry will be over. Plano would be by far the coolest place to live! :dude: Do you guys have a j/k smiley? On BARF we use the twofinger smiley.

AH a fellow BARFer!!! :D Changed the name slightly... used to be deaconblues on Bay Area...

I moved down here from Martinez about a year ago, and I do miss the Pig and Whistle get-togethers in the City (but don't tell that to Valgar or any of the other Vamps!)

And yeah, uh... my advice is to run that supermoto around the Santa Cruz Mt. goat trails as much as you can, before you pack it all up and get down here, cos you might be reduced to putting out cones in empty parking lots and doing impromptu trials demos with it, to keep your sanity.

Either that, or take a couple days and run up to Arkansas. :)

As for the "BARF salute"... I don't think it'd go over well with these folks...

This is prolly as close as we get: :bigokay:

Just doesn't have the same effect though, does it? ;)

Nope. And according to my wife, "good riddance!" She thought that icon was, ah, disrespectful. :mrgreen:

Guess I can't show her the pictures taken on a certain South Bay Riders group ride...

Nope. And according to my wife, "good riddance!" She thought that icon was, ah, disrespectful. :mrgreen:

Me thinks CycleForums has smilies like that....I don't go over there anymore because the CycleAngels made me nauseous and the TX board might as well be called the Austin board. But they do have the double flip off smiley! :lol2:

Well just back from an action packed few days in Plano. Wish I had some more time to have some of you locals show me around but I should be back soon. Place seems nice enough, well from what I could tell between rain drops! Yall got some crazy weather out there, but I heard that is not the norm. Looked at some houses and apartments, bought a house then backed out, you know the norm :rofl:

So it looks I am going to be needing a place to stay come July. Anybody got a room for rent near Plano with garage room for the Husky????????? I can't see paying $700 a month for an apartment without a garage when I can get a house for not much more. I'll be heading out in July or August with nothing but my truck (well it's a tacoma, not sure if that is considered a truck there), clothes and my husky. If anybody is looking for a roommate for a couple of months please let me know.

Professor Blues, glad to see a fellow BARFer is able to survive in Texas. Your name definitely rings a bell but I can't remember if we met. If we did liquid mind eraser won't let me remember :doh: I'm Port4mance on BARF.

Look forward to meeting some of yall soon! :bigokay:

Welcome to DFW see ya around:-

Yall got some crazy weather out there, but I heard that is not the norm.

Nope, it's not the norm, but not to worry, we have 90 degree days starting up in a week....soon we'll average 100+ for at least a 30 day stretch :mrgreen:

I'd offer you mine and Squidward's spare bedroom if we were closer to Plano, but alas, you're commute to Plano from our house would be 70 miles one way.

Well just back from an action packed few days in Plano. Wish I had some more time to have some of you locals show me around but I should be back soon. Place seems nice enough, well from what I could tell between rain drops! Yall got some crazy weather out there, but I heard that is not the norm. Looked at some houses and apartments, bought a house then backed out, you know the norm :rofl:

So it looks I am going to be needing a place to stay come July. Anybody got a room for rent near Plano with garage room for the Husky????????? I can't see paying $700 a month for an apartment without a garage when I can get a house for not much more. I'll be heading out in July or August with nothing but my truck (well it's a tacoma, not sure if that is considered a truck there), clothes and my husky. If anybody is looking for a roommate for a couple of months please let me know.

Professor Blues, glad to see a fellow BARFer is able to survive in Texas. Your name definitely rings a bell but I can't remember if we met. If we did liquid mind eraser won't let me remember :doh: I'm Port4mance on BARF.

Look forward to meeting some of yall soon! :bigokay:

We might have crossed paths, either on a group ride or at one of those infamous Danville pool parties.

And yeah, weather here takes some getting used to.

Nope, it's not the norm, but not to worry, we have 90 degree days starting up in a week....soon we'll average 100+ for at least a 30 day stretch :mrgreen:

There is no "norm" around here... except maybe this guy:

norm.jpg

Alright, My bike is going to be in Plano the last week of June and I am going to be there from July 9th to the 13th. Is there anything going on worth pulling the bike out of the garage for?

Couple of bike nights in the Plano area, one Tuesday and one Thursday. Don't necessarily need to pull the bike out for those, unless you just wanted an excuse to ride. If you were going to be here over a weekend, we'd make sure to put on something like a pie run or an RTE somewhere.

Hello Everyone!!

WOLF here, Im from Houston, but currently living in N.Dallas. I ride a KLR 650 and have been enjoying my ride since I bought it a month ago. Already 1600 miles on the odo, and still going strong.

Looking for new friends to ride with and of course, coffee and BBQ is always a good thing to enjoy too.

Looking to enjoy more Texas roads without being on any main freeways and semi's and big SUVS that just happy to roll over ya.

Glad to join TWT and looking forward to many happy miles with some new buds!!

WOLF

Hello Everyone!!

WOLF here, Im from Houston, but currently living in N.Dallas. I ride a KLR 650 and have been enjoying my ride since I bought it a month ago. Already 1600 miles on the odo, and still going strong.

Looking for new friends to ride with and of course, coffee and BBQ is always a good thing to enjoy too.

Looking to enjoy more Texas roads without being on any main freeways and semi's and big SUVS that just happy to roll over ya.

Glad to join TWT and looking forward to many happy miles with some new buds!!

WOLF

If you post your introduction here, you'll probably get more replies ;-) :mrgreen:

Wolf here again.

Im staying with my gal in Plano, not far from Southfork Ranch. Been here about a month now, like riding the back roads to Wylie, Murphy and back. Better than riding the Freeways here.
Now looking for some trails along the lakes or wherever.

I went back to FW and rode along Lake Worth for the day, went up where I used to ride my cousin's dirtbike years ago. the KLR is definately a bit heavier when going slow up limestone trails, but once going, it was smooth.
Only tipped the bike over once while doing zero MPH, but recovered and carried on.
I grew up in FW, but living in NE.Dallas, takes a bit to get to S.FW but plan on doing another ride there again soon.

If ya want, hit me up for a ride, and show me around some places I havent been in years, I have an uncle in Justin, so that could be a good jump off point for parts of N.FW.

Happy Wheeling!
WOLF

Back