• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not quite in Texas yet, not quite got a bike yet...but howdy!

Your title should have a previous owner on it. All mine do. Either way this is a big screw job. I might be tempted to visit the guy with a few friends and "talk" to him

I hope to remedy both situations inside the next few months, though. :mrgreen:

My wife's a Cleburne girl that I stole away from Texas for a couple years. We got hitched, lived up here in Kentucky for a while, she went to Nursing school, I went back to college and I'm wrapping up my History degree in the next several weeks...but our plan was always to move to Texas, when we could.

Well, we can! We've bought a house in Cleburne and she's found a nursing gig down there. I'm still flipping a coin between pursuing post-graduate degrees or jumping right in and teaching at the high school level -- but one thing that I've always known is, I'm getting a motorcycle for my graduation present, dag nabbit!

Once we get moved down and settled in I plan on the MSF course right away, then searching around for a good deal on a first bike. I know the common advice is to get a cheapie (so you don't feel bad when you drop it) for a first bike, but I just really, really, love Triumph Bonnevilles. I'll just have to wait and see what's available when the time comes, I guess, and see what I like when I sit on it. :rider:

Welcome to TX. Its a great place to explore on a motorcycle and lots of history. Be extremely cautious when riding through our low water crossings on both dirt and paved roads. The moss and algae are extremely slick!

...... I've been wanting to upgrade for a little while anyways, I knew the Ninja 500R wasn't gonna last me forever, I'll be done with grad school this semester and I deserve a treat... ... it's an opportunity to get a new bike, right?
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. But yeah maybe this will turn into a positive for you by getting you a nice up grade.:mrgreen:

I work for the Gov (FED), you have no idea how far they can stretch the curtain of incompetence.....
That my friend is signature material right there!:rofl:

Back