• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

Picture%20041-L.jpg

Looks vaguely familar, wild guess here. US-285 near Orla?
If not need hints. Googling is cheating LOL

DAYUM! This is so far off the beaten path, there AIN'T NOT PATH TO THERE!
Nothing but irrigated fields for MILES!
Yes, I know. Funny thing is...I'm headed out in 3 days looking for odd bits of Texas and THIS little 'city' is on my list of places to hit!

We were taking the scenic route east from El Paso and saw the signs for Dell City and decided to take a look. They had great hamburgers there. The place has a interesting history.

This little 'city' is the Home of the Cougars.

As I camped in the parking lot in the mountains visible from that town, one of those COUGARS sauntered right past the flap of my tent!
looking at a map, you'd think it's some cheap desert 'retirement community' like out around Phoenix. Nope!

Truth is, i had 'googled' it on Google Earth while searching for land out there about a month ago. I sat the cursor down to street level right in the middle of town. When I saw the water tower and the 'east of Sierra Blanca', I yelled "DELL CITY" and sat down right on top of the tower.

Slightly off topic-
I have a friend who toured Eastern Europe several years ago. She had this peculiar habit of taking photos of the landscape framed by her reclining thighs and knees!
I would take each photo and use Google Earth to locate the position from which she took each photo, then send her a screen shot of the spot from above.

Slightly off topic-
I have a friend who toured Eastern Europe several years ago. She had this peculiar habit of taking photos of the landscape framed by her reclining thighs and knees!
I would take each photo and use Google Earth to locate the position from which she took each photo, then send her a screen shot of the spot from above.

Show us what you mean, Mike?! :sun:

It's 451 miles west of my location straight into a stark desert. Been there, never again. Perhaps switching to a place closer to Zephyr would help.

Go grab it? I think you're confusing this game with another.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Doh! You are correct.
So looking back, did Mikes Old Virago get it first and the ball is in his court?

Which brings up an interesting question - what happens when the name of the place changes as it has in the past year? lol

Back