• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey guys!

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been riding on the street for 31 years, a variety of japanese and european bikes. Current ride is an 89 FJ1200, with an '00 1200 Bandit recovering from a too long rest.

Love the FJ, bought it this past summer when i got the bug for a classic 80's superbike... made the decision between it and a 85 900 ninja. I think i would have been happy either way, though if a 900 were to follow me home one day, well, i guess i'd have to find room, right?

Winter project is to strip the bike down and paint her the '86 red/white/red color scheme. I just have a soft spot for that year (but mechanically the 89/90's were better bikes.... So best of both worlds!

Look forward to chattin with you guys!

I just read somewhere around here that it doesn't count unless you post a picture, so here's the FJ. This was on a overnight camping trip with my youngest. She loved the experience and the ride and has asked me a number of times since 'when can we go camping on your bike again, Daddy?"

You can't say no to that.
5939_30_08_17_9_05_05.jpg

Jees! I hope this BBS resizes pictures automatically, or you guys are gonna hate me right from the start!

I just read somewhere around here that it doesn't count unless you post a picture, so here's the FJ. This was on a overnight camping trip with my youngest. She loved the experience and the ride and has asked me a number of times since 'when can we go camping on your bike again, Daddy?"

You can't say no to that.

That's awesome!

Back