• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sargent seat

Reaction score
Hi gang,Just put my bandit on the road ,1250s 2007.The seat is not very comfortable,are you all recommending the Sargent or is there a better choice thanks, Kevin

Hey Kevin. Asking about the best seat is like asking about the best oil for your scooter :giveup:

I had a Corbin on both of my 1200 Bandits and they were decent, much better than stock. Some find them too firm. I have/had Sargent seats on my 1150GS and my current ST1300. I am a fan of the Sargent seats, also much better than stock. I also had a Mayer seat on my K12RS, it was decent but I prefer the Sargent. If you are looking for 800+ mile a day comfort then the Russell seats are your best bet.

Bottom line, most anything is going to be a vast improvement over the stock saddle. Good Luck!!!

rode 140 miles last afternoon 63 miles this evening and my but hurts worse tonight than last night.gotta do something

rode 140 miles last afternoon 63 miles this evening and my but hurts worse tonight than last night.gotta do something

See if anyone around your area happens to have an aftermarket one you could try

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

I second the idea of trying to get a ride on someone elses bike with the other seat. I had a Corbin on one bike that was great. So I got a Corbin for a different bike and it was horrible. I put a Sargent on it instead and it was great. Sometimes it's the butt, sometimes it's the bike, and sometimes both.

I have a Sargent on my Monster and RC51 and had one on my V-Strom and I loved all of them.

On my GSX1250FA, however, I have the Holeshot Corbin and it is SPECTACULAR.

Highly recommended.

Thanks all, the seat test ride is a good idea.I could put it on my bike and not have to ride someone else's.My wife just bought a Sargent seat for her Beemer and is sending it back.I think she is going to go for the Russell.

Oh yeah thanks for the warm welcome,I live in Howard county Md.If you are in this area and need help or want to ride I am usually around

My Sargent seat is okay, but wish it was a bit wider, I tend to ride up close to the tank and the seat is too thin and slopes down a bit. On long freeway rides it is pretty good though.

Recently put on the sargent world performance seat. feels firmer than stock but is a little wider. considered the holeshot/corbin seat but too much moola. hoping the width of the seat does it for me, but haven't put on a 100 mile trip yet to really test it. so far though, so good. :rider:

I have the Sargent seat on mine. I sent it back and had them add some wifth and some extra height in the front to keep me from sliding forward. All is good now.

Too much mula?

When you are five hours from home and your butt feels like a thousand knives are sticking you where the sun don't shine, how much would you pay to make that pain go away?

The value remains, long after the price is forgotten.

The Holeshot Corbin lets me ride for 12 hours and not even THINK about my bottom.

All the best.

I spent over 1000 bucks trying to get a seat I liked on my '07 DL1000. Had a standard Corbin which I broke in on a trip from Louisiana to California and went to Corbin in Hollister to get modified. Narrowed in front just a bit. Felt good in the parking lot but by the end of day 2 roaming about 4 to 5 hundred miles a day, it started sucking worst than the stock Corbin. Next was a Rick Myer seat with many pictures and what was bugging me about the Corbin. That one came in. Nice for day rides but not good for me for a series of 500 mile days. Bought a used stander Corbin off Ebay. So, now I have 3 seats. LOL. Ended up selling the modified Corbin on Ebay and keeping the standard Corbin for the long haul ( even though I didn't like it loads ) and the Myer seat for local day ride stuff in the 300 mile range from home.
I think I was spoiled to the 124,000 miles I had put on two BMW R11** GS with Leather Corbins. Even with multiple 800 to 1000 mile days, I never thought of my hind end.
Not liking the DL1000 for a few reasons, I finally traded it in at 30 somewhat thousand miles after 18 months of ownership for a left over '07 Bandit 1250S. As soon as I got home, I ordered a Corbin for it. One inch lower than stock helped much on footing and I modified the rest of the bike to match the seat height. Windshield set up and bar risers and reversed footpegs. Plus, gotta have a bike I can stand on the pegs for a period of time on our fabulously rough blacktop and pea gravel/tar and , at times long long stretches of gravel/dirt roads.
Did run an Alaskan pad for several trips and it's has it's plus and minus for me. Did try a Sargent seat and it was more cushy and taller than the corbin which put me up in the air flow off the windshield. So, sold it. Now have pretty near 74,000 miles on this Corbin roaming over most of the US and a touch of Canada, so reckon it's gonna stay as long as I have the bike. ;-)
Moral of the Story is. You don't like a seat in one day or one little week end trip. You learn to like it on day 8 or 9 of a two week to month long trip of 5 to 10 thousand miles before returning to the nest. ;-)
Last but not the least>>>>>>> the older you get, the more your body informs you of what it don't like.

I had resisted getting a plush seat for my cbr for years. I finally broke down and got a Corbin last year.

The stock seat was horrible on long rides and I just couldn't justify the money gotta special seat.

After owning the Corbin for nearly a year now I'm not sure how or why waited so long.

I can ride all day and everything but my bottom will hurt now.

If you want to improve your seat for not too much money, try Spencer's Great Day to Ride. I did one of his on my Suzuki GS500F (first bike) and was able to do 500+ mile days on that little bike. He can/will do minor skulpting and I opted for the Supracor, which really imoroved the seat. Turnaroud is quick and the prices are reasonable. Only caveat is, he does not sew covers, so you seat won't look much different and of course all mods have fit under the stock cover.

good luck.

My $.02 - Had Corbins and Sargents. Personally found the Corbin hard as a tractor seat and it only got firmer. Also thought it was over priced and WAY over weight.
Sargents were sublime. Have the "Low" model on the 2008 1250 now, same height as the stock seat in the low position.
Rode 4000 miles to the Smokies and Barber raceway in June with a Alaskan sheepskin cover on it (medium - sheered) and my medium butt was happy.
http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/the-6/Sheepskin-Motorcycle-Seat-Cover%2C/Detail
The Russels would be great for a full fledged touring rig but(t) the Sargent makes for a better all around saddle, IMHO. Especially as I like to hang off some when strafing apexes. What ever you choose consider also flipping the pegs down/forward and handle bar risers. This will make the B1250 a serious touring rig.

What ever you choose consider also flipping the pegs down/forward and handle bar risers. This will make the B1250 a serious touring rig.
I'll give a big AMEN to that! And that Alaskan butt pad is da boss especially in very hot weather. My longest trip was around 7000 m8les and the shortest from the carport to the garage. LOL. Could of push it really. At an average of 43 mpg running locally, it beats the heck out of my 15 to 16 mph truck so it gets much of the local run duties along with the KLR650. Been on a Corbin Gunfighter and a Lady for about 98% of the last 75,000 miles. Guess it's a keeper. Ditto on the KLR with it's straight corbin seat for the last 37,000. Darn, you might say I have over 100 K miles just on these two bikes with cobins on them
:lol2:

Did the OP find a seat? I have a Sargent seat for a 2011 GSX1250FA that I would provide a great deal on if it fits. It was only used for about 5 rides and is like new.

Hey Kevin. Asking about the best seat is like asking about the best oil for your scooter :giveup:

I had a Corbin on both of my 1200 Bandits and they were decent, much better than stock. Some find them too firm. I have/had Sargent seats on my 1150GS and my current ST1300. I am a fan of the Sargent seats, also much better than stock. I also had a Mayer seat on my K12RS, it was decent but I prefer the Sargent. If you are looking for 800+ mile a day comfort then the Russell seats are your best bet.

Bottom line, most anything is going to be a vast improvement over the stock saddle. Good Luck!!!
But what is the process you have to go thru to get the Russel seat made? And is there a 100% guarantee on the fit and satisfaction end of the deal? Thanks for your input.

Back