• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Farewell

BILL N

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know I have given up riding and sold my Connie. Its been great meeting so many of you over the years at Pie Runs, especially my Austin friends. I will try and stop by Ken's once in a while to say Hello...ride safe all, Bill

If you're looking for some high quality excellent condition riding gear check out my listing in the For Sale section....

When it's time, it's time. I've always ridden "at my wife's pleasure", and the day she cashes that marker is the day I'll put the VStrom up for sale and walk away. I'll also start shopping for a Porsche.

Have fun in your next stage, and don't look back.

When it's time, it's time. I've always ridden "at my wife's pleasure", and the day she cashes that marker is the day I'll put the VStrom up for sale and walk away. I'll also start shopping for a Porsche.

Have fun in your next stage, and don't look back.

Don't worry Tim, we will remind her about that big fat life insurance policy she has on you, so she will let you keep riding.

Take care Bill.

If you come back to riding, consider the safer alternative of dual-sporting and avoiding the hazards of the street. A skinned knee as the result of being tossed from the bike on a sandy, less traveled county road is much better than hitting a car in the city.

RB

Bill, I've enjoyed riding with you. Hope to see you again and it doesn't need to be on a bike.

Best wishes, Bill. These decisions are always bittersweet. You'll always have the memories and stories.

Best wishes for all your future endeavors.

I'm on the cusp of formalizing the same decision - haven't ridden in over a year but haven't quite gotten to the point of letting go of the machines. Definitely strange to find myself not wanting to ride (and not missing it !?) but for some reason 'the thrill is gone' so perhaps I understand your situation.

Last edited:
I would suggest a fun little bike like my CT90 but you guys have to already know about that kind of riding. Good luck Bill.

yea, I just wasn't feeling the passion anymore. When I was driving to deliver the bike on Monday, it sealed the deal. Idiot drivers in Austin and tired of worrying about what the other guy is going to do....I rode motorcycles 43 years and never had an accident or put a bike down (except once in police motorcycle training but we won't count that since it was a very hard exercise ) so I have fond memories and am looking forward to a long retirement traveling and golfing...Bill

Good on you. I've said when I loose the passion or it becomes "not fun" I will hang up my helmet. I've not gotten there yet. Its cool that you have come to that before something happened and that your good with it. Have fun. You will have to let us know what normal folks do on the weekends :)

Enjoy your retirement the way you want to. You rode for 43 years, I've completed 3. I have a Z28 now which is fun to fiddle with so not riding as much. I stay away from Austin when possible and love back roads. Hope to see you around here and there.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

Have fun traveling in your retirement! I want to do that too - not sure how many wheels I want to be on while doing it, yet.

Thanks for being part of the community here for so long.

Sounds like you are leaving on a high note. Better than pushing things and possibly leaving on a not so high note. I hope you golf better than me... :wary:

Back