• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Deer + Motorcycle = Bad

Reaction score
Deer_zps7d2faa92.jpg

Saw this on a Wing forum and had to repost. It looks like his front wheel is already off the ground.

MAN don't do that to me this early in the morning!!
I see you post a motorcycle VS deer post and you scared me there. I thought it was you till it opened!

I hear they make a fine stew. :eat:
Shoulda tackled it, instead of the other way around.

During the ET750 I was riding behind RollingJ and just out of Helmet Cam range but I got a good look at it. A Doe came out of the woods on his left and just about took him down. It tried to jump over him and he took a glancing blow to his helmet and left side. :eek2:

evil critters bent on destruction, buzzards too. I like how he doesnt concern himself with the condition of the deer, just straight back to the task. Was it a race or something?

I punched that doe right in the face with my handguard. Something hit my ribs but I was wearing my pads and I wasn't sore until the next day. That deer jumped out of the woods right on the edge of the road and I had no time to react, just to brace a little. I was expecting to centerpunch that fuzzy bag of meat. I was very lucky to say the least. I had to jump around for a minute to burn off some of the adrenaline before rolling again. That was about 100 miles into a 350 mile day, following a 450 mile day, and focus was important, as was not wrecking out!

..... and I was just about to ask what happened after seeing the still photo ... that guy can ride!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQMo7IU6-o"]Rally WV Deer Strike - YouTube[/ame]

evil critters bent on destruction, buzzards too. I like how he doesnt concern himself with the condition of the deer, just straight back to the task. Was it a race or something?

final stage of a rally it says in the description.

He's lucky he hit it just as he was coming out of the corner before he got back up to speed. Still... even at low speed, say 20-30mph, hitting 80-100 lbs of deer hurts!

This type of collision crosses my mind every morning when I get set to commute at 0500.

Back