• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Altering/Resizing leathers

Reaction score
First Name
Patricia
Has anyone had leathers resized or modified? Where did you get it done and did it work?

A guy in my class has a set of leathers that are way too big for him and he was hoping to just get it resized rather than having to sell it and buy a new set. It is a one-piece for trackdays.

Faylaricia said:
Has anyone had leathers resized or modified? Where did you get it done and did it work?

A guy in my class has a set of leathers that are way too big for him and he was hoping to just get it resized rather than having to sell it and buy a new set. It is a one-piece for trackdays.

I've read good things about this place.

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/speedsportleathers/AFrontPage.html

No personal experience of their service, but she is a racer herself.

Lee

I just had a couple of jackets repaired by SpeedSport leathers. Good work, good service, great people to deal with, fair prices. Can't say enough good things about them.

A few years back I posted on dfw.general asking if anyone could recommend a place that could alter leather (a holster vest, although I did not say so then).

Got a reference to a place behind parkland on Harry Hines. Got about 20' into the shop before my eyes adjusted and I figured out what was going on. Turns out that the fellow built custom and very imaginative gear for folks that have a deep abiding affection for leather goods. D'oh!!!! I think I turned many shades of red.

fratermus said:
A few years ....
Got a reference to a place behind parkland on Harry Hines. Got about 20' into the shop before my eyes adjusted and I figured out what was going on. Turns out that the fellow built custom and very imaginative gear for folks that have a deep abiding affection for leather goods. D'oh!!!! I think I turned many shades of red.
Harry Hines That should have been your first clue!:doh:

Back