• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Alls quiet on Sunday

Reaction score
Wow,

a whole day without any posts, everyone must be out riding or sitting and watching the Superbike races. Boy wasnt that great. Ah, no spoilers here.

Hope ya'll are out having a good time :chug: and keeping the shiny parts up.

Talk to ya later

I wish.

Today was yard day, laundry day and all the other honey-do jobs day. :(

I guess I shouldn't complain though. Tomorrow I ride with my unit to Austin for the Peace Officer Memorial Service (our whole motor unit will be in the procession). Tuesday I go with my sgt to Houston to pick up a demo R-1150-RT-P, which we can totally flog :twisted: for a couple days. Wed and Thur are training days and Fri I'm off. Then Sat the wife and I leave for our trip. I'm stoked! :chug:

Riding

Well, yesterday, we had a SV maintenance day get together at my house. We had three guys rejet and after that, we went on a short ride.

Today, I watched the Mavericks beat the Blazers. All in all, a good weekend.

Now, let's see if the DJ138 mains and stock Suzuki filter return some good gas mileage...

10-95 said:
Tuesday I go with my sgt to Houston to pick up a demo R-1150-RT-P, which we can totally flog :twisted:

We have just started seeing those around here in Austin. Looks like a pretty sweet ride for a government employee though :wink:

Well, yesterday, we had a SV maintenance day get together at my house. We had three guys rejet and after that, we went on a short ride.

Kidder, was glad to here it was a successful maintenace day, Im so jealous. hope I can get up for the next one, I could sure use some work on the forks. Maybe I can even get some help putting this GSXR shock Ive got on.

Trip?

Then Sat the wife and I leave for our trip

Is this a motorcycle trip? Are you guys coming to the Heart of Texas ride?

SVinAustin said:
We have just started seeing those around here in Austin. Looks like a pretty sweet ride for a government employee though :wink:

They are sweet. We went to Lone Star BMW after the ceremony and the owner opened up so we could look around. Pretty nice guy and he acted like he really wanted to do some business.

Actually they aren't much off the price of a HD, even with their killer lease deals. The Beemer has a great price for the bike and none of us want to ride all day on a vibey, slow machine with antiquated technology. Heck, if we wanted that we'd stay with the KZ1000P's we have now. :roll:

Re: Trip?

Tourmeister said:
Then Sat the wife and I leave for our trip

Is this a motorcycle trip? Are you guys coming to the Heart of Texas ride?

Most definitely a M/C trip. We're headed to Louisiana Sat. We'll be headed to New Roads where we'll catch a ferry across the Miss River, then on to Angola. See the sites there and then head south along the river. We're going to hit as many state parks and plantations as we can.

It won't be a "sport tour", more of a sight seeing tour.

Back