• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for input on ride planning. Please

KoryJ

Reaction score
I have had a lot of guys ask about rides in my area. I'm in central Texas. My first and main question is, for a two day ride, what works the best for most. Friday and Saturday riding days, or Saturday and Sunday? Would be about 250 miles each day, for a 2 day ride. I have a ranch with plenty of camping and parking, 2 motels close, and a lot of others within a short ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
From what I have experienced, a Fri-Sat ride works best for most folks. Since most people need to be at work Monday morning, it's nice to have Sunday to ride home, rest and recover from the ride.

That being said, I could just as easily take a Monday off instead of a Friday and ride Sat-Sun.

Fri - Sat works well for me. Have to teach Sunday school...

That's a lot of times my problem with Sunday rides is having to miss church with the family. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
From what I have experienced, a Fri-Sat ride works best for most folks. Since most people need to be at work Monday morning, it's nice to have Sunday to ride home, rest and recover from the ride.

That being said, I could just as easily take a Monday off instead of a Friday and ride Sat-Sun.

What I was thinking too. Thanks for the input.

I also prefer a Fri/Sat for the riding. Like RG, I have Sunday commitments I'd rather not have to break.

I have had a lot of guys ask about rides in my area. I'm in central Texas. My first and main question is, for a two day ride, what works the best for most. Friday and Saturday riding days, or Saturday and Sunday? Would be about 250 miles each day, for a 2 day ride. I have a ranch with plenty of camping and parking, 2 motels close, and a lot of others within a short ride.

Are you tantalizing us with an offer of possibly riding on this ranch of yours? :drool:

250 miles from where to where?

I say, post the dates that work for you--and they will come.

Are you tantalizing us with an offer of possibly riding on this ranch of yours? :drool:

250 miles from where to where?

The ride isn't on my ranch just in the county roads in a few different counties around me. Will be Mills, San Saba, Lampasas, Comanche, Hamilton, and Brown Counties. There are a lot of nice county roads in my neck of the woods, and have had lots of people comment about them and wondering why no one has put together a ride around here. It will probably be this time next year, before it's all ready. I have 1 of the 250ish mile tracks done. It's probably 80% dirt. There's a lot more roads but the Colorado river running right through the first days ride makes the routs limited to cross it and come back without hitting the same roads. But a lot of really neat country and nice roads.

Ultimately, this is totally true. Don't worry about trying to pick dates that work for everyone. It is impossible. Pick the dates that work best for you and post it up. People will come ;-)

Ultimately, this is totally true. Don't worry about trying to pick dates that work for everyone. It is impossible. Pick the dates that work best for you and post it up. People will come ;-)

Yeap. Good roads will bring people, and there's lots of good roads around here.

Can I just come out there and join you next time you ride on a weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm about to take a week and do the New Mexico BDR in a month. Probably wont be riding much till after that.

Ditto Friday-Saturday. I really encourage people to be in church on Sunday. But for non church goers, there's the practical matter that Sunday is when so many folks are traveling home, and I often find myself getting caught in that going-home traffic if I'm coming back from, say, the hill country via 281 on a Sunday afternoon. On Saturday, you shouldn't have that problem.

Ditto Friday-Saturday. I really encourage people to be in church on Sunday. But for non church goers, there's the practical matter that Sunday is when so many folks are traveling home, and I often find myself getting caught in that going-home traffic if I'm coming back from, say, the hill country via 281 on a Sunday afternoon. On Saturday, you shouldn't have that problem.

I agree. I prefer to not have a ride on Sunday also.

Well for those who work Saturdays,Sundays are about it. Several people have told me the same thing that it is good to have them Sundays because of their work schedule. I do understand that some folks will not be able to get to each and every event due to church,work or family obligations.

There is never enough time to ride it seems these days. Any ride to get away from stress and day to day toll is a blessing. Riding seems to recharge our batteries.

How often are you thinking of doing your ride? If monthly you could do one SAT/SUN one month and FR/SAT the next month to get a variety of riders.

Last edited:
I was planing one just yearly. I could offer Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for riding. Thursday night through Saturday night for camping. That way if people can't make the Friday ride it could be done on Sunday. Wouldn't be that big if a deal to do it that way. I don't know of any rides that are that way, so I haven't thought about it. Except for just taking a track and running it solo. Also if anyone wanted could run a track again. We have one track in your neck of the woods almost done and it's worth ridding twice. Lol

Last edited:
I have a idea. One group you could lead and dad the other. One for a Friday evening Saturday morning and the other for Saturday evening Sunday morning for the late arrivals.

I was planing one just yearly. I could offer Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for riding. Thursday night through Saturday night for camping. That way if people can't make the Friday ride it could be done on Sunday. Wouldn't be that big if a deal to do it that way. I don't know of any rides that are that way, so I haven't thought about it. Except for just taking a track and running it solo. Also if anyone wanted could run a track again. We have one track in your neck of the woods almost done and it's worth ridding twice. Lol

That would would work. Who knows we'll figure it out somehow. May just have to try a couple of different things and see what works best.

That is the spirit. Will get in touch with you for a review of the roads you like near me and maybe have some Q in SS.

Back