• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newb from Port Lacrapa (uh, Lavaca)

atdi1

Reaction score
Owner of a Honda CBR 600RR; been riding on & off for about five years. Considering taking out an ad in the local paper looking for others to ride with in the area, as all I found so far here and in Victoria are mainly posers who want to cruise up and down the street. I will finally be making it up to (the notorious?) fm 149 Saturday. If anyone might be interested in meeting up and riding together please shoot me an email.

Either post your e-mail or send one to me.
rejmh@yahoo.com
I'd be happy ride 149 w/ you. I'll even take you up to the "really" notorious FM 3090 :twisted: :chug: Went up & down it about 4 times today....haha "The Man" must have been on vacation :wink: 8)

Howdy,

:tab Welcome to the site!

:tab John, if you run him up 3090, be sure to warn him about the decreasing radius curve that eats bikes on a regular basis! I've seen way to many accidents there where someone new to the road wasn't expecting it and went right off into the ditch. Also, watch for gravel!

:tab How far is Victoria from Chorpus Christi and Kingville? Doug "FotoMoto" lives in that area.

Adios,

Thanks for the welcome (& the warnings)...Corpus is about 80 miles from here.

Nice ride today.... a little chilly, but anytime on two wheels is great for me. I think you were sandbaggin me :wink: Daniel.haha The bike looks great. I have never ran behind a 600RR, but that exhaust is really high pitched. Keep it safe guy.

Thanks for meeting up with me, John. Other than the chill, those roads were a lot of fun; plus, now I know what a decreasing radius curve is...Looking forward to doing it again soon.

Back