• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twisted Sisters

Winter is my favorite time for the sisters. During the weekdays, you can ride all three and not see a single bike out there. :rider:

Plus, The River Inn is wide open and at off season rates. :thumb:

just normal weekend traffic. It's gotten worse and worse over the years with all the wanna be HD crowds, wine drinking out of towners, and then all the retirees who can't hold up two wheels and switched to couches on three wheels, so going for a pass can be dangerous either from traffic, or wanna be 1 % bikers with attitudes.

Watch out or that latter group will scowl at you with their Get Back Whips in hand

:eek2:

So what's the etiquette when you come up on a slower rider in the Sisters?

Bad to pass?

So what's the etiquette when you come up on a slower rider in the Sisters?

Bad to pass?

Depends. Of course, you can only pass when you can do it safely and that limits passing on the Sisters by a lot. If you do have to pass, and you will need to split a group to do it, then that may be considered bad form. Passing some guy with an attitude may be considered bad form. Personally I let the sport bikes by just to get them out of my hair. Got to play it by ear.

Europe was awesome. If a slower bike was in front of you, you just passed in side of the lane he wasn’t using. No bad attitude. It was part of riding. Here on the other hand, got forbid somebody is riding faster. I just pass when I can.

Europe was awesome. If a slower bike was in front of you, you just passed in side of the lane he wasn’t using. No bad attitude. It was part of riding. Here on the other hand, got forbid somebody is riding faster. I just pass when I can.

Amen to that!

Breakfast at lost maples cafe. Agree with others about weekends. I usually do Sunday and Monday. Far less crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well the forecast just improved. I will be out there somewhere tomorrow. Tonight going for a night ride to remember what it’s like riding in the dark!

Did all three twisted sisters today in six hours. Had a great trip me and all the road trains of cruisers were going the opposite direction. Weather was perfect!!

Well I road Twisted Sister on Sunday. Weather was perfect. I road out of Kerville to Medina, Vanderpool, Leakey, Camp Wood and then north to 41 and back to 336. It was a lot better than what I expected. Country side was pretty amazing. I didn’t really care for the section from Camp Wood north back to 336. Once back to 336 the scenery got better. Next time I would like to camp one night. Anyone have any suggestions for tent camping?
I would like to venture out to some of the dirt road sections if anyone has any suggested routes.

Rrunner100, you weren’t on a Ducati or R1200GSA were you? I was on my 04 1150GS. I also rode the sisiters counter clockwise. Glad there was fuel in Camp Wood.

I also passed y’all I believe at the beginning before lost maples gas station. Great ride. Maybe see y’all on the future.

Did this awesome ride on Monday with Mitchntx, Maximus Flavius and Ron Strommer.

Attachments

• Sisters_0918.JPG
    Sisters_0918.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 237
Had a great ride through the Sisters with my daughter today. It was her first time out there. I was a little scared how she'd handle the curves, but she went through them like a champ.

We only got held up by Harley riders in a couple of spots, but they pulled off and let us pass.

The food truck called Hard Hat Grill (I think) was at Vanderppol today and their food was surprisingly good.

Weather was literally perfect, the only downside were the butterflies. Never seen so many in my life. I should have taken a pic of the front of my bike. It was ridiculous.

Great time, good memories. Meeting up to ride with the TARA folks in the morning if the rain doesn't stop us.

Bandera is full of our " cousins". Was asked, are you here for the rally? No will be long gone to lampasas and quieter country thank you very much.

Went to pipe creek for work today, lots of folks were headed out that way. Jealous.

The Butterflies are horrible around Floresville

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Went to pipe creek for work today, lots of folks were headed out that way. Jealous.

The Butterflies are horrible around Floresville

Yes, 2days in a row, now 3 that and just south was the worst. I thought that little front would disperse them s bit

Yes, 2days in a row, now 3 that and just south was the worst. I thought that little front would disperse them s bit
The turn lanes on the highways look like a mass murder scene.

Back