• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Full Spectrum Design, Huntsville, AL

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Conrey
Who:
Full Spectrum Design
620 Pearl Avenue
Huntsville, AL 35801

TEL: (256)533-1977
1-877-533-1977
FAX: (256)533-3395
pitbull@hiwaay.net

What: For those of you that do your own work on your bikes, you may already know how handy a good service stand is. The folks at Full Spectrum Design are the makers of the Pit-Bull brand service stands. I had heard nothing but praise about their product from everyone I had talked to, so I gave them a call.

I ordered my first stand, a single sided rear stand for the VFR, back in November last year. The people there were very friendly and helpful. I wanted to have the stand shipped to my parent's house so it would be there when I got there to work on the bike over Thanksgiving. They had no problem shipping it to their house even though it was not the same as my billing address.

The delivery only took about four or so days from the time I ordered and that includes a weekend. It was shipped in a sturdy box and was packed VERY well. All the tubing of the stand was tightly wrapped with bubble wrap and it was stuffed in the box with additional 1/2" thick foam rubber wrapping. Needless to say, it arrived in perfect condition.

Once unpackaged, I inspected the stand to check out my new toy. :wink: The stand seems to made from either high quality mild steel or chrome moly tubing. The entire assembly is TIG welded and the welds all look like artwork. The stands are plated with a rich zinc coating that has a nice irridescent hue. The pin of the rear axle is mounted in sealed bearings, so the rear axle can be turned for chain maintenance. I've heard of some single sided stands that don't come this way. The stand works very well and is easy to use.

I just received my second stand from them this morning. As always they were a pleasure to deal with. I had ordered the stand this past Friday and it got here on Tuesday morning, so it was nice and quick. This time I ordered a NewFront Stand. This is the type that lifts the front of the bike by inserting a pin un the bottom of the steering stem. This allows you to not only remove the wheels, but also remove the fork legs for maintenance and/or modifications. :) Packaging was the same as before and so is the build quality.

If you have yet to buy a service stand and you are trying to decide what to get, I highly recommend the Pit-Bull line. They make a very high quality product and the hype that seems to surround them in racing circles is well warranted. Having bought a cheap stand for my Interceptor 500, I now realize I should have bought a Pit-Bull to start with.

Where:
You can order direct or go through one of their local dealers. The high volume dealer for Texas is Moto Liberty in Dallas. See the forum post for Moto Liberty for more information.

:bigokay: I agree whole heartedly. I have a PB rear wheel stand I use for the SV and in is great. It sure is built like a tank, I think my wife could back over it with the SUVY and it would problaby do more damage to the car than the stand.

:bigokay: I concur. It was the first thing I bought for my bike. Very heavy duty, simple to use, and would probably lift my house (if it had a single sided swingarm).

Bill

Back