• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Sale: 2016 Kawasaki 650 LT

Reaction score
There comes a time in every riders life that he/she is faced with the dreaded question “Is it time?”
Well, for me at 71 ½, riding for the past 57 years, 38 of them riding with my wife on her own bike, riding 34 different bikes, accumulating almost a million miles, those being in the lower 48, most of Canada, and 4 years riding in Italy, and surviving two accidents, one major, I think that maybe my time is up. I can sit back and think about all the great rides I’ve had and say that I’ve accomplished mostly what I was looking for so long ago.
So it is with great regret that I’m putting my 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT up for sale. I can say that out of all the bikes that I have owned including 7 Gold Wings and 4 ST’s plus a couple crotch rockets, that this bike is probably one of my favorites of all of them. While it is light it is still very quick and just plain fun to ride. You can ride all day long at 75 mph and still get 55-60 mpg.
The bike, at 18823 miles, come with all the following:
Oxfor heated grips
R&G radiator guard
MotoWerks side stand foot
MotoWerks GPS mount
MotoWerks higheway peg mounts
Sargent seat plus stock seat
Puig windscreen w/MFRA adjustable laminar lip plus stock screen
Eastern beaver PC-8 fuse block
Wolo horn
PIAA 530 flood lights w/SW-Motech mounts
Givi base plate w/mounting bracket
Givi V47 top case w/Brake stop light kit
Fender extender
Continental Road 3 tires w/1k miles and Michelin PR4 tires with 2k miles left
LED turn signals
12v cigarette outlet
New rear sproket-unmounted
Kawasaki Relay kit
Vortex V-3 fuel filler and stock fuel cap-keyed
SW-Motech center stand
Aux risers
Kawasaki bag liners-never used
Givi XS320 Tanklock Tankbag w/ring kit
Voltage meter
To get a fair value on my bike I went to the Kawasaki dealer and spoke with a salesman that I’ve dealt with many times there. He said the book value on the bike was $6100 and then I asked him about all the extras I had on it. He said because it’s only 2 years old, take 50% off of the extras and add it to the book. The extras new added to $3444 so 50% is $1722. Add the two together-$7822.
So I know although the bike is worth close to that, I’m going to sell it for $6700 FIRM. However, if you think that my price is too high, please keep your thoughts to yourself.
And when and if the bike does sell, I’m going to have bunch of riding gear and camping gear to put for sale.
If interested, send me a pm or email me: garymast1100@yahoo.com
Thanks for taking the time to look.
Tried to load some pics but said security token missing?

Last edited:
57 years is a good long run on riding.

Congrats and good luck with the sale.

Sorry you're having to make the change. Good luck with the sale. Someone will get a nice ride.

Sorry to hear it man. But you are going out on your own terms. Glws

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oh Gary, say it ain't so! Bad timing for me as I'm hoping to move to the Weatherford/Aledo area soon! Was looking forward to doing some riding with you.

For those of you who've never owned or ridden a 650LT, it's about as close to the perfect all round bike as you can get. I know, because I own one.

Gary, we never did find the time to get together and tell lies. My loss.

GLWS and let me know when your gear goes on the block.

Have received lots of looks and some great comments but no bites.
So I’m going to lower my FIRM price to $6500 on this awesome bike. If it doesn’t sell in the next two weeks, I’m going to take it off the market until next spring.
Someone is going to get a great bike.

Back