• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trippin’ Connies 10 – Craft Brew Cruise

Even if you don't stay there, it's worth it to swing by after sundown for the neon display. Definitely feels like stepping back in time. The first time I stayed there I didn't realize all the other guests were at a car show. When they came back there was all this noise in the parking lot and I stepped through a time portal as I came outside because the neon was lit and the parking lot was jam packed with antique cars. It was pretty amazing. Definitely a good place to set up the tripod after dark.

Wow, that place has 100% refrigerated air too!

Wow, that place has 100% refrigerated air too!

Part of the charm of Tucumcari is that they've retained a lot of the 50's Route 66 kitsch. Back in the day, that "refrigerated air" sign was a big draw. I looked at a picture of the Blue Swallow on Google. Another cool throwback they have is those creaky old metal rocking chairs. All western motels had them - and so did my grandmother's back yard - so that you could sit outside in the evening and enjoy the cool western air.

To continue the threadjack, from 2014. Highly recommend this hotel. The owners even took me to dinner in the Pontiac.
5560b4a1f3fe08ae761045cec0c84c67.jpg
750040d60bce902b47217eed509402b2.jpg
bb96f5a255b1252f5e57387f6d134ab9.jpg

I have always enjoyed your ride reports and those AMAZING pictures. I am envious that you and your father get to make these memories. Don't take it for granted!

We put 70K on an 08 C-14 before we got the Big Versys

When I lived in N Texas (Plano) the worst part of any part of our trips was getting in and out of Texas. We solved that by finally making the choice to trailer the bike to a location. This allowed us to enjoy the great riding, without having to battle the DFW / Texas grind. We never looked back or regretted that choice.

Now we actually solved the issue by moving to NW Arkansas. There is pretty good riding up here. haha

Keep up the great ride reports. Enjoy the trips with your dad and cherish your family. Life is so very good!

Photo%20Jun%2017%2C%207%2045%2034%20AM-X2.jpg

I have always enjoyed your ride reports and those AMAZING pictures. I am envious that you and your father get to make these memories. Don't take it for granted!

We put 70K on an 08 C-14 before we got the Big Versys

When I lived in N Texas (Plano) the worst part of any part of our trips was getting in and out of Texas. We solved that by finally making the choice to trailer the bike to a location. This allowed us to enjoy the great riding, without having to battle the DFW / Texas grind. We never looked back or regretted that choice.

Now we actually solved the issue by moving to NW Arkansas. There is pretty good riding up here. haha

Keep up the great ride reports. Enjoy the trips with your dad and cherish your family. Life is so very good!

Thank you! There are so many memories I'll never forget from these trips. I'm definitely not taking it for granted. :zen:

I didn't realize y'all had moved to Arkansas, congrats on that! :clap:

A trailer is definitely in the plans for next year (as soon as dad got comfy on his F6B :lol2:) and I'm planning on a little dirt as well. :trust:

Back