TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc.

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
tperk314

TARA DFW North May Happenings

The year is flying by! It's another month and summer is almost here. As the weather improves...so will the number of riding opportunities. This is what we have set up already.

The first Tuesday dinner will be on Tuesday May 2 @ 7PM. We will meet again at the Fuddruckers in Grapevine. It is located in the Bass Pro parking lot. Meet the other riders, make new friends, talk about upcoming rides and hear the reports on rides taken since the last meeting.

I am thinking of taking a trip up to Red River on Saturday May 6 for a day of off-road riding. This trip is tentative right now. It will depend on how many riders want to go. If we get a group of 5 or more...I will probably go. Let me know if you can make it.

Chris has his next ride tentatively scheduled for Saturday May 20. Each of his previous rides has been great. If you have a chance to ride with him...take it. The rides are usually about 200 miles, and at least 50/50 paved/dirt. He had 13 riders last week. Read all about it in the after the ride thread.

If anyone has anything planned and wants to get it out to everyone...let me know. In addition to posting here, we will send out an email to everyone on the list. We will also give the details at the 5/2 meeting.

If you aren't on the DFW TARA North email list, and want to be, just send me a private message with all your info: name, email, cell, hometown, and bike type.

See you on Tuesday 5/2 @ 7PM.
tperk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Simmons1

Re: TARA DFW North May Happenings

See you Tuesday night.

Some people buy motorcycles for road trips
while others buy them for ego trips.

Where's Rich been lately?

Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / ST1300 / KLR650 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750 / H1 500
Simmons1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
FWdualsportrider

Travis,

I would consider your Red River meet up, but I've signed up for the Redneck Ramble thats happening down in Glen Rose that weekend. It looks like a fun event and is not as far from Ft. Worth. Just something to consider since some of the guys may also be doing that event. I'm going to try and make the Fuddruckers dinner this month.
FWdualsportrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
Thrasherg
Forum Supporter

I can highly recommend the Redneck Ramble, it's a fun event, the saturday is interesting with the various presentations and raffles, but Sunday is the important day (the ride!!).

Gary
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF450X (for visitors - 2 off!!)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
00 XR200 (Daughter #1)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
Thrasherg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Grigby

I'll be there as well!
Grigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
Downs

ON the 6th I'll be shooting a semi large match in Cresson.

78 GS1000 (Tennessee Hillbilly)

97 Jeep XJ Sport "Adventure" Jeep.
Downs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
dohertycm

The 13th of may is my ride...not the 20th.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2006 Triumph Speedmaster
2009 Honda CRF230M..converted to an L
1999 Honda XR80
dohertycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #8
Midnightwolf13

Once the school year is over, I'm totally doing one of these rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Midnightwolf13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #9
tperk314

We had a good turnout at the 1st Tuesday meet & eat...between 15-20 riders and family came. Several first timers and a couple new riders.

There are lots of riding opportunities this month...starting this coming Saturday (5/6). I will be going up to Red River Motorcycle Trails for the day on Saturday. www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com I will try to get there between 8-9 Saturday morning. My truck is a Silver Chevy 4 door diesel pickup, with a US flag in the bed. I will bring an ice chest, and a small gas grill...in case anyone wants to cook up some burgers or dogs. Come on out and enjoy the trails. Lots of riders are planning of taking their ADV bikes up to Colorado this summer. This is a good place to try out some rougher trails to see how they handle & to get in shape! (FYI...my cell phone does not work up there...so just look for the flag!)

The next weekend (5/13) Chris will be leading another great ADV ride. It will start & end in Ennis. Approximately 200+ miles with about a 50/50 paved/unpaved mix. It will be big bike friendly, but with small bike speeds. Stands up at 8AM...don't be late...because he will not wait. Lots of miles and gotta get going! If you are planning on going...please send Chris an email at: dohertycm8251@gmail.com so he will have some idea how many riders to look for. The route is posted on twtex at: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113992

We also have our rides and meetings listed on www.txadvriders.org Click on "upcoming events" and then select the part of the state you are interested in on the dropdown menu. If you want to check by dates...there is an event calendar on the lower right side of the page.

We have almost 50 names on the DFW Rider Contact list now, so if you are looking for a ride partner...you should be able to find one in your area. If you want to have your info on the list...just drop me a note. Include your name, hometown, cell, email, and bike type. I will add you and send you the list.

Hope to see you out on the trail!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #10
tperk314

We had a great day up at RRMT yesterday. Nice cool morning and not too hot in the afternoon. At one point we had 11 riders on all size bikes. One rider, new to dual sport, on his first time off road, and a couple riders on their big bikes trying out the trails.

Don't forget Chris' ADV ride next Saturday (5/13). He will be departing the Wal-Mart in Ennis at 8AM sharp! 200+ miles of big bike friendly roads. Estimating 50% unpaved. Drop Chris an email if you are going...so that he will know how many riders to expect.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
tperk314

One last reminder...

Don't forget Chris' ADV ride this Saturday. Departing the Wal-Mart in Ennis at 8AM sharp!

Weather forecast looks good...clear skies, light wind, low in the 60s & the high in lower 80s.

Drop Chris an email if you are going. He won't wait for you past 8, but at least he will have an idea how many to look for.

Travis
Old 05-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #12
tperk314

I apologize for posting June events in the May thread, but it's still a little early to start the June one. First Tuesday will be June 6 @ 7PM in Fuddruckers, Grapevine. Chris is leading his next ADV ride on June 10. Pretty much same as before...approximately 200 miles, big bike friendly, small bike speeds, with a large % of unpaved roads. His rides are always great...make it if you can...you won't be disappointed. We will post more complete info in a week or so, under the new June thread.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #13
tperk314

May is almost in the record books. Check out the June thread:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114328

Info on the 1st Tuesday meeting and Chris' ADV ride.