TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > General

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
AusFletch

TWTennesseans? It's been a great ride.....(Now heading to Colorado)

Well, y'all, it has been a bit over 9 years since I discovered the great community that is Two Wheeled Texans.

Thanks to Scott and all the wonderful folks around here I have met great people, bought and sold motorcycles, learned a lot, argued a little, ridden lots of cool places, eaten some pie and generally had a GREAT time enjoying motorcycles and the people they attract.

In about 2 weeks I will be heading east for a big move to Tennessee. As Ausfwife so cleverly pointed out, that means only one "T" click on Amazon to indicate our state now. It also means TWT will still be an appropriate abbreviation!!!

Anyhow, if any of y'all find yourself traveling to or through SE Tennessee over the next few years, please look me up. But, please ride safely and ride carefully and, as Junior Brown sings,...."watch out what you're doin' when you're drivin' my way, If you break the law, you'll hear from me..."

I really hope to see some of y'all in my new state.

-Ausfletch
Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #2
kurt
Administrator

Re: TWTennesseans? It's been a great ride.....

Well, congratulations on the new job and good luck in Tennessee. You fooled me, I figured that cabin in Colorado was the next stop.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
AusFletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Well, congratulations on the new job and good luck in Tennessee. You fooled me, I figured that cabin in Colorado was the next stop.
Thank you. Please plan to visit. Colorado is still the eventual destination. We are trading Austin for Tennessee not Colorado for Tennessee.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
duchess

well, you're headed to some beautiful riding country. enjoy the new digs and next season of life. oh, and post address here so we know where to land when we're in that area.

God bless!
duchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Tracker
Forum Supporter

Welcome to the Southeast.
You might find the Blue Ridge Mtns nicer than you think. 3500 ft is sure a lot easier hiking than at 10,000 ft.
"Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of the tyrant and the creed of the slave."
- William Pitt
"The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu

Massey Ferguson 1020 - Old Red
Memories: Honda VLX, Triumph Speed Triple, Yamaha FZ6
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

So we should expect to see more ride reports... right?

Have fun!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
AusFletch

Thank you. I have already been out there several times and even run a trail race and done some trail running. I had considered selling my bike due to the huge impending work commitment but, as soon as I saw the roads, I quickly and firmly changed my mind! I will be living smack dab in the center of downtown Chattanooga for the first year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchess View Post
well, you're headed to some beautiful riding
country. enjoy the new digs and next season of life. oh, and post address here so we know where to land when we're in that area.

God bless!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
AusFletch

Right? Friends in the area say you can drive less than 2.5 hours and drop the temps 20-30 degrees, too. That's nice.

This is signal point overlook of the Tennessee River gorge where I went for a trail run last Saturday. 15 minute drive from my new place.

This is the road to get there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Welcome to the Southeast.
You might find the Blue Ridge Mtns nicer than you think. 3500 ft is sure a lot easier hiking than at 10,000 ft.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
AusFletch

Once I get my head and my arms around my new Jay Oh Bee, you can count on it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
So we should expect to see more ride reports... right?

Have fun!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
RogerDe

My brother lives in Chatt. photo looks like the W road, crazy switchback's he has a 84 Yamaha RZ 350 that's very Sweet & a 83 Kawa GPZ 550 & a ol PE 175 that hes rebuilding . Awesome country he lives on Signal mountain, Keep in touch & Ride On..
Old 05-22-2014, 06:41 AM   #11
MIKEYLIKESIT

at least you're going somewhere nice! i can think of worse places to go. good luck and have fun!

PGR# 126703

No matter where you go------There you are...

4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!!

(305): If God's watching us, we might as well be entertaining
MIKEYLIKESIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #12
AusFletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDe View Post
My brother lives in Chatt. photo looks like the W road, crazy switchback's he has a 84 Yamaha RZ 350 that's very Sweet & a 83 Kawa GPZ 550 & a ol PE 175 that hes rebuilding . Awesome country he lives on Signal mountain, Keep in touch & Ride On..
That is indeed W road going up Signal Mountain. Great place. Road is named that because the curves give it the shape of the letter....

Lotsa great roads there.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #13
WoodButcher
Administrator

Best of luck to you Fred. Growing up military I was used to moving and living in new places. It was always fun to me to learn my way around. Guess I'm kind of jealous. Been in Austin almost 17 years, and 10 in Phoenix before that. Prior to that I moved every 2-3 years all my life. Still get antsy when the geese fly over in the fall...

When I walk along some railroad track and find
That you're movin' on the back roads
By the rivers of my memory
And for hours you're just gentle on my mind
"Gentle On My Mind" - Glen Campbell

2009 R1200GS Adventure - The Bug Killer
2013 K1600GT - Serenity
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #14
Yeeha! Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusFletch View Post
Anyhow, if any of y'all find yourself traveling to or through SE Tennessee over the next few years, please look me up.
I really hope to see some of y'all in my new state.

-Ausfletch

Well now... that all depends if you'll have enough room in your back yard for all the camping tents!

Just kidding.

MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
ktidrick

Welcome to the paradise I lost...

Gotta admit - I'm a bit envious.

Enjoy. Some of the best riding around - and easy to get to in most any direction.

1998 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird - the "Temptress"
1996 Honda ST1100 - "Sequent"

"Nothing like a ride in Houston traffic on a motorcycle to get the adrenaline pumping!" - kbt
ktidrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #16
KenH
User's account inactive by request

Welcome to Home T. It's uncanny how many people who went to Texas in its early years were from Tennessee. Davy Crockett comes to mind.
KenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:04 PM   #17
AusFletch

Thanks, Rusty. I know I haven't seen folks around here much last couple of years but I will miss knowing y'all are around. Still and all, I am ready to shad the Etcha-Sketch and start a new adventure. Already met some great folks in TN. Hope to see some TWTers out that way, too, someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
Best of luck to you Fred. Growing up military I was used to moving and living in new places. It was always fun to me to learn my way around. Guess I'm kind of jealous. Been in Austin almost 17 years, and 10 in Phoenix before that. Prior to that I moved every 2-3 years all my life. Still get antsy when the geese fly over in the fall...
Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #18
AusFletch

You may all go to ****, I think I will go to Texas.... Or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH View Post
Welcome to Home T. It's uncanny how many people who went to Texas in its early years were from Tennessee. Davy Crockett comes to mind.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #19
AusFletch

I am sure I can find space...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeeha! Stephen View Post
Well now... that all depends if you'll have enough room in your back yard for all the camping tents!

Just kidding.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
AusFletch

After a lifetime in TX, I am Looking forward to "easy to get to".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktidrick View Post
Welcome to the paradise I lost...

Gotta admit - I'm a bit envious.

Enjoy. Some of the best riding around - and easy to get to in most any direction.