• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Schuberth SR1 Review

Reaction score
Wanted to post my opinions on the Schuberth SR1. As a FYI, my last hemlet was an Arai Corsair, so I make many internal comparisons against this helmet.

Cons: Price. It's really expesive. You'd think it was gold plated. Faceshield removal stinks. Shoei & Arai seem slightly easier. It's not difficult, just awkward. Getting the helmet on and off is a pain, but I think that will change as I have the helmet longer. The breath guard doesn't really seem to want to stay in, though the design seems utterly useless. I get a lot of air from under the chin, so I have the chin guard in place, which reduces the overall ventilation rate. Without the guard, I get almost a curtain of air across the fron of my face. The top vents don't seem to close 100%, its just enough air to be noticable.

Likes: It's really light, and it feels that way too. I did not weigh it, so I have no specifics. Ventilation is great, though the upper chin vent seems useless. The larger chin vent is good, though I can't quite seem to have it set the way I like. The top vents are great. I can actually feel the air move, better than the Arai. The faster I'm riding, the more air that moves through. Fit is great, but that is dependent on your head shape. The design "cuts" through the wind well. Aerodynamically it's well designed. The anti-slip material on the bottom is great, helps prevent the helmet from sliding off your gas tank. There is also a reflective material on the bottom that increases visibility. I assume it works while I'm on the bike. I find it quieter than my Arai, but not as much as Shoei. Though it's been many years since I've worn one.

Neutral: There are openings on the sides near the bottom. You can open and close this opening, and this increases the amount of sound that you let in as you're riding. So far, it's just increased wind noise when it's open. There is an adjustable spoiler on the top towards the rear, haven't messed with it.

Some of these things will vary depending on what you're riding, height, etc., Overall I'm pleased with my purchase. I'd recommend this as an alternative to the top of the line Shoei and Arai, if you can afford it. I would definitely purchase another one. Hopefully not any time soon.

Back