• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Summer Gloves recommendations

Just got a pair of Fox Bomber gloves this weekend. $45 I'm really liking them.

Another vote for the Held gloves. I have the Airstreams and really like them. I guess they are renamed for this year.

Anybody have any luck finding the Held Air gloves, or am I the only one trying to find a pair? Sold out or on back order everywhere I have looked. I called Lonestar in Austin when I was in town a couple of weekends ago and they said they had them, got there and you can see where they would be, but alas, no gloves, plenty of other Held gloves, but no "air" gloves.

It would appear that they are called the Air Hero gloves now. It depends on what size you are, but MotorcycleGear.com has some. I've had mine for 2 years now.

I rock the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Tourmaster-Cortech-Accelerator-Motorcycle-8311-0205-08/dp/B002IYCIXS"]Cortech Accellerators[/ame] and you can't beat them for a breathable shorty with carbon fiber knuckles.

513I%2Bf7LgcL._SS400_.jpg

I'm using Icon Pursuit short gloves right now.

I've had them for the last 2500 miles, in San Antonio where the weather has hovered at 100 every day. I can't say how long they'll last yet, but they feel really good to me.

I got them at Moto Liberty. $69.

Attachments

• IconPursuit.jpg
    IconPursuit.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 143
I've been real happy with these Teknic Chicane street gloves. I think they were $48 online?

At any rate, they are leather and feel solid but also have what looks like mesh sections. Armored and ventilated, they actually do keep your hands pretty cool. Might not want to get them in black if you're worried about heat, but I only wear black so that's what I got.

Sizing is interesting; I feel like I have somewhat large but slim hands and I fit perfectly into an XL.

http://www.teknicgear.com/chicane-street-glove/

Just to update, since I recommended these gloves several months ago;

My Teknic Chicane gloves have ~5,000 miles on them now and have been used and abused on a daily basis for the past 4 months. If they aren't on my hands while I am riding they are stored in my backpack.

e893a2ba.jpg

Fit is still good (if not better) than when they were new, velcro still holds strong, and all the stitching is holding up well. Slight discoloration to the white areas, nothing major. I've not gone down in these, yet.

Here's a few gloves I saw while looking at the Motoport site. Thought I'd toss them out here with the other choices available. Love their mesh jacket and pants in the Summer and figure their glove design might be functional and comfy too.

thumb.php

These are about $20 a pair.

At the other end of the spectrum is their Roadracing Glove
thumb.php

For $160.00 a pair.

Haven't used either gloves, but have lusted after that Kevlar RR Glove on a few occasions. Might not be able to wear those out, ever.

I have been buying gloves at a frantic pace here lately. Don't ask me why. :giveup: I just ordered a pair of Fox Creek Elkskin Riding gloves. I've read so many good reviews about Fox Creek gear, I thought I'd give them a try.

BTW, new guy here in Southern California. Not really though, I've just gotten my registration activated. ( My fault ). I lived and worked the oilfields in Hobbs NM and West Texas years ago. My wife and I have Texas on our radar when we need to get out of here.

Back