• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boots for wife???

Might try buying the proper size for starters. Also any shin guards?

OK let me recap to make sure I'm not missing anything...

The guy riding in crocs (pic included) is making a point for MC specific boots? AND, I'd also like to know who is paying you to put stickers an any of those bikes? From the pic, I see an ADV sticker and a TWT sticker, both which most if not all of us have paid for. Is TWTEX really looking for someone to sponsor!? I'm in!

DFW_Warrior, are you sure you know how to work velcro properly? You need to pull the hooks away from the loops, not the other way around! Better stick to laces...bunny ears, please.

And Sharkey is a cheap bast***!? Who knew!

What kind of oil are you guys using to treat the leather!?
:rofl:

OK let me recap to make sure I'm not missing anything...

The guy riding in crocs (pic included) is making a point for MC specific boots? AND, I'd also like to know who is paying you to put stickers an any of those bikes? From the pic, I see an ADV sticker and a TWT sticker, both which most if not all of us have paid for. Is TWTEX really looking for someone to sponsor!? I'm in!

DFW_Warrior, are you sure you know how to work velcro properly? You need to pull the hooks away from the loops, not the other way around! Better stick to laces...bunny ears, please.

And Sharkey is a cheap bast***!? Who knew!

What kind of oil are you guys using to treat the leather!?
:rofl:

Another oil thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl: Dino, animal or synthetic? Maybe Armour All for the Walmart shoes.

Last edited:
Might try buying the proper size for starters. Also any shin guards?

They were the right size. That was the biggest problem with them, to get them to fit my feet they were too big around the ankle. If they fit my ankle they were to small for my feet. And I'm not typically that difficult to buy shoes/boots for. My combat boots do not have milk carton thin plastic in the shins which is what the boots in my link have. I decided it was more important to have nice soles and boots that don't pull off while being fully fastened.

Now, at any point did I ever say that combat boots are better than every moto boot out there? But telling someone to go buy some crap A-Stars or even worse, some really crappy Bilt stuff from Cycle Gear just because it has a moto history tied to the name is just ignorant of real world experience with these products. Are combat boots going to protect you better than a $500 pair of Sidi's, no. But are the better than most budget to mid level boots, without a doubt the answer is also yes.

So what else to you have or can we put this to bed yet?

AND, I'd also like to know who is paying you to put stickers an any of those bikes? From the pic, I see an ADV sticker and a TWT sticker, both which most if not all of us have paid for.

And who would sponsor ANYONE that has owned or currently owns a Strom????? Right there that shows poor tastes in motorcycles.:duck:

And who would sponsor ANYONE that has owned or currently owns a Strom????? Right there that shows poor tastes in motorcycles.:duck:

Well everyone one knows the 650 is vastly superior to the 1000. They only sponsor the 650 riders.

Well everyone one knows the 650 is vastly superior to the 1000. They only sponsor the 650 riders.

Go back and read my posts and you will see that I 100% agree with you. After putting over 100k miles on my 1000 I try to steer everyone that isn't doing a bunch of two-up riding, over to the Wee Strom. They are pretty awesome little bikes. (but you still aren't getting sponsored to ride one...LOL)

Go back and read my posts and you will see that I 100% agree with you. After putting over 100k miles on my 1000 I try to steer everyone that isn't doing a bunch of two-up riding, over to the Wee Strom. They are pretty awesome little bikes. (but you still aren't getting sponsored to ride one...LOL)

No stickers on my Wee at all. Only place Suzuki is evident is on the speedo and windshield. Still have to give credit where credit is do.

I don't think a Wee-Strom would work for me. Not sure a 1000 would cut it either.

The Dl 650 and I quote " Is quite possibly the best motorcycle ever built"

Last edited:
Back