• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

arkansas sportbike ride

Reaction score
First Name
Brent
going to fort smith arkansas tomorrow to ride some twisties... anyone have any suggestions for their favorite twisty roads? which one is the pig trail? went to the three sisters a month ago, didn't get enough. yall's input will be greatly appreciated, i've been a few times before, but couldn't possibly ride all the great roads. your favorite is what i'm interested in, and what kind of bike you rode it on. thanks fellow riders,
brent

Pig trail is Hwy 23 and its good, but not the best road in Arkansas(but better than anything in hill country). From Fort smith I would ride something like this, from I40 go north on HWY 23(just north of Ozark), east on 16, north on 7, east on 74, south on 123 all the way back to Clarksville at I40. Should be close to an all day loop. Fort smith is just really far west.

Ive ridden all of these roads on all the bikes below.

A great map, my folks live in Russelville so how hard would it be to modify the map to start from there? I have no clue how to make these maps btw.

A great map, my folks live in Russelville so how hard would it be to modify the map to start from there? I have no clue how to make these maps btw.

From Russelville? WoW! Look at a map and choose any really squiggly line. Go! I've been doing Arkansas since '82 and still find entertaining roads every trip. If you add the gravel, even more roads to explore. The Highways, WoW! 23, 21, 7, 72, 16, 14, 123, , etc etc. Goes on and on. :rider:

What achesley said. Or you can just head north out of russleville, take the left squiggly line and pick up my map and then go the direction you want to go. We went clockwise I think.

Forget all that loop riding crap.......just go up and ride 123 from 7 to Mt Judea (Judy) back and forth....its worth it. Then go over to 341 (Push Mtn) from 14 north to the big bridge (25 miles) back and forth...its also well worth it!

man the trip was a blast. left tuesday morning with the bikes in back of the truck.... yes i'm a w.h.o.r.e. ( we haul our rides everywhere) good thing, it was raining pretty hard tuesday morn. didn't get a chance to ride 123 or 9 but did about 1100 miles in 3 days. love it when i get to wear my tires on the sides. buddy got a speeding ticket close to eureka springs, guess the cop didn't see me, i was leading. made it back safe and sound saturday nite. thanks for all the input guys. gonna try to meet up in bastrop saturday morn.
brent

Now, everytime you go to Arkansas, you can go seek a different set of roads. ;_).
And, buy a t-shirt from the Mt. Judia store. ;-)

here are a few pics from the trip. forgot the camera in the hotel room the first two days... duh.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg