• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pics of our Trip to big bend

ldst

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of our trip to big bend, this was a test to see how we would do on a longer ride (more than 200 miles) on the Motorcycles.
We have never riden more than 150 miles out on a day trip as we always had to be back home by 5pm to get the daughter at the bus stop and I work weekends. The ultamate goal was big bend but I had made up my mind that we would just go as far as my Wifes but could take it on her new ninja and the fact that my 12 year old daughter has never riden with me more than 150 miles in the hill country at one time , then throw in the fact that I have had 2 back surguries and also have rhumitoid Arthritise there were just too many unknowns,,,,,,,,, But we made it and had a blast .
We only had 3 days as I had to be back at work on Wed. So we left early Sunday morning via 290 to Hwy 10 then west ,we stoped in Junction to have lunch at Isaaks cafe, pretty good home style food , then we arrived at Ft Stockton around 5pm and we were pretty tired so we found a room then went to K-bobs for steaks and a few brews then hit the sake by 10pm as we were pretty tired .
Monday morning on the road by 8:30 am headed to big bend ,,, man that is a desolate road, I was a little nervouse being out that far with my girls if something happened and no cell service, but I put the thaught out of my head and injoyed the senery. We spent the day seeing all that BB has to offer and it was realy hot ( 104 deg. at the river) around 3pm we headed back to Ft Stockton ,,, I ran over a priary dog and had to listin to my wife curse me for 15 min. over the Radio comms. as she had a real good view of the double backflip and blood splatter.
My wife has this need for speed so as we headed north out of Marathon I waved her by and told her to open the new ninja up for a 10 miles then pul over in some shade and have a smoke and charlotte and I would catch up. When we did catch up she had this big smile on her face ,,,,all she said was 123 mph and she was satisfied.
We made it to Ozona just before dark and found a room ,ate ,drank a few brews then to bed exhausted. Tues. morning we slept in as we only had to cover about 200 or so miles and stoped and had bbq in junction then home by 3pm.

all in all I am proud of our little trip and cant wait for more...... injoy the pics

DSCI0109.jpg

IMG469.jpg

DSCI0108.jpg
Jayne's Ninja loaded up
DSCI0121.jpg

DSCI0119.jpg

jayne
DSCI0131.jpg

DSCI0120.jpg

Jayne and Charollote
DSCI0111.jpg

Steaks at k bobs in ft stockton