• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best USED bikes for $3,000 or less

I still think to get a really good deal on a bike you have to first know what you are looking at and know what is cheap and easy to fix. For example i picked up my 100% original 1991 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit for $800 bucks. I was not running at the time of purchase but i knew what was wrong and i did my research and found out what it would take to fix. In the end i now have a Vintage Imported 1991 Bandit with all matching numbers that runs like new and only cost me in the end about $1200bucks. And i did some reading up and i figured i could sell it to some one who knows what it is for around 3-5 grand depending on how bad they want it. Yes buying a bike that does not run or is damaged is always a gamble but if you do your homework and be smart about it you can get a great bike at a steal of a deal.;)
15745_106796455997503_100000014476574_196100_2272817_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey AusFletch are those Ninjas yours? I'm looking for a street bike so let me know.

Thanks,
Kat

I'll third the ZRX. Still can't believe I got such a great bike for under $2500!

Back