• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'99 Goldwing communicator help

Brass

Reaction score
The Mother-in-law has asked me to help her find a communicator system for their 99 Goldwing. The communicator is meant to be an X-mass gift for her husband.

I’m not familiar with Goldwings or their built in equipment but I’m fairly certain that if they don’t have the factory communicator it’s not that hard to install.

So here is my question for the Winger’s. What components are needed for rider-to-passenger communicators for the 1999 Goldwing?

I already know that they aren’t interested in an external system like a Chatterbox or similar. She's after the "factory" look.

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

J&M Audio is probably the premiere authority for touring bike comm systems.

If they can't help you, no one can. But be ready to open your wallet w-i-d-e.

Aspencade or SE? Full face, flip up, or open face helmet? Check this place out.

It should have front and back 5-pin connectors (one for rider, one for passenger) to connect a headset. If so, you will need the headset and connector cable for each helmet. The connectors will be on the left side as you are sitting on the bike. The rider's cable is near the left hand pocket in the fairing, the passengers is near the handle on the rear of the seat. If that is the case you can choose one of the J&M headsets with a 5 pin connector cable. The price ranges from $90 - $175 ea. I found mine cheaper somewhere else online, but I don't remember where I got it. I'll look and see if I can find it.

Found it, I got my headset here. Mine is a J&M and I like it, it is nice to use just to listen to the radio without a passenger. I have the full face version and I paid $59/ea. Here's a link.

never mind i didn't notice how old this thread is

Heck it ain't even a year old and did you see the prices on the head set, gone up $20. Coulda shoulda woulda got me a pair at the $59 price! Still need a new set, the Chatter boxes a getting flaky.

Back