• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from The Colony, Tx

GDiddy

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Sudduth
Hi Y'all!!

Been lurking for some time now, read and learned alot from this site and thought it was about time to register and say Thanks!!!:clap:

I ride an 04 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic and an 06 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture. Started riding in 04 after completing MSF course w/a friend. Bought the VStar the next week and have not gone more than 2 weeks w/o riding since. Put 18,000 miles on the Vstar all but about 20 feet have been awesome:doh: . Last year my wife decided she wanted to ride w/me (she was jealous of our daughter who has ridden ~7500 miles w/me), so that explains the Venture. Once I got used to an 800+ pound bike and all the creature comforts I find it hard to "rough it" on the VStar.

Anyway, nice to be here and I'll see ya out there!

Jim

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Very cool that your daughter gets to ride with you :clap: I look forward to the time when my kids will be old enough to ride with me and I hope they express an interest!

Welcome. I am just up 423 from you, in Frisco. I am new here, as well..

Actually for all you Colony and Frisco folks, my son lives in Crossroads (north of Little Elm on FM720) and rides a yellow and black (bumblebee) GSXR600 - you may have seen him around, especially on 380 on his way to Plano for work...

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!:-P

Tourmeister - My daughter and I rode all over N Texas, Arkansas and Missouri, those were great times and wonderful memories. She is a great passenger (and daughter) but she is living on her own and going to school, so I'm afraid those days have passed. Time sure goes by fast so we need to make the best of it.

Chipset & Twistedpinion - we might meet up some day sitting in traffic on 423.

Gilk51 - short version - 2nd week with my first bike (150 miles on it), trying to remember everything from the MSF class. Grabbed front brake, in a turn, front tire off the shoulder in gravel.:eek2: Apparently I didn't remember everything!! Luckily I had slowed way down (10mph) for the turn. The bike still demanded that I learn my lesson so down we went. Still have the dent on the tank, kind of a reminder. Live and learn

Jim

Back