• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly breakfasts - Weatherford, Aledo, W. Fort Worth?

Mick

Reaction score
I'm moving to Weatherford from Houston in a couple of weeks. Wondering if there are any retired or retired wanna-be TWT'ers who meet up for breakfast once a week or so? If so, would love to join up and get to know folks.

There are a few of us free folks that get together with those who are still chained to a desk.

But it sounds like an opportunity to make something more routine.

Let us know when you get here. We've got some great riding.

Welcome back. There are several great breakfast options near Weatherford. Plenty of good day rides close by.
I'm not retired yet, but mange to make a breakfast occasionally. Seems like the main selection criteria is real butter.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Craig

Although “good” butter is hyper-critical to our breakfast restaurant selection, there are other extenuating factors also, often involving gravy & bacon, not to mention the surliness/breast size of waitresses.

Don't forget the proximity to I20 and access from Denton.

I'm meeting Doug at Firehouse in Granbury this morning.

Finally arrived in Weatherford. Been here a little over 3 weeks now and STILL haven't completely finished unpacking. Been 25 years since I moved... forgot what a pain it can be.

In between unpacking and dealing with the home builder, I managed to find a couple of good eateries. Took the bike to Mary's on the Brazos a couple of weeks ago for breakfast. Later that same day my wife & I hit took the Miata out for a country drive and stumbled upon the Switch Cafe in Cool. Excellent burger and peach cobbler.

I'd forgotten how cold and windy it can get up here. It brings back memories of throwing the FW Star Telegram back in the early 60's in the dead of winter... 15 degrees, I'm miserable cold, it's dark, and the rubber bands that I'm wrapping the papers with keep breaking and popping me across the knuckles! Ouch!!

Last edited:
Friday's forecast looks pretty good. Anyone up for breakfast?

Mitchntx mentioned the Firehouse Cafe in Granbury. I looked at the google review of the place and the mention of big cinnamon rolls caught my eye. I love cinnamon rolls but truly good ones are hard to find.

The best cinnamon roll I ever had was a homemade one I had at the Cowboy Cafe in DuBois, WY while touring on one of my long gone ST1100's. Last time I was through there though they had stopped selling them. They were so good they were almost worth the 2 day ride it would take to get there.

And serve a mean breakfast taco, as well.

Mary's is fine
Switch is central to the inner circle
New York Hill about 30 minutes west is my personal favorite.
Chisholm's in Godley has a killer breakfast buffet on the weekends.
Firehouse and Pam's in Granbury are both good.

Let's do it ... your call.

Also, Doug introduced me to a breakfast burrito joint in Glen Rose next door to the DQ.
The burrito was the size of a small loaf of bread and under $3.

Last edited:
Welcome back. There are several great breakfast options near Weatherford. Plenty of good day rides close by.
I'm not retired yet, but mange to make a breakfast occasionally. Seems like the main selection criteria is real butter.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Craig

Where are some good spots it has been awhile since I have eaten breakfast up that way?

And serve a mean breakfast taco, as well.

Mary's is fine
Switch is central to the inner circle
New York Hill about 30 minutes west is my personal favorite.
Chisholm's in Godley has a killer breakfast buffet on the weekends.
Firehouse and Pam's in Granbury are both good.

Let's do it ... your call.

Darn forgot about New York Hill only ever ate lunch there Mitch. Good suggestion.:clap: What do you get there breakfast wise?

I'll be there.

Just so you know, it gets crowded between 0830 and 1000
May have to wait for a table.

I'm 10 minutes away and retired

Make it easy on yourself

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Check your PMs ... Smokestack at 1100 instead?

What's a good time for you guys?

OK, so is anybody up for The Firehouse in Granbury this Friday morning?

OK, how does 7:30 AM this Friday at The Firehouse Sound? That should be plenty early enough to avoid the 8:30 to 10:00 rush that Mitch mention.

Looking forward to those cinnamon rolls. Let's see if they measure up to their online hype.

Last edited:
Are you guys riding? Might be a bit chilly for me. But I may ride over in the truck.

Back