• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

9/9 I'm Back - Dual Sport Ride

Reaction score
I'm finally recovered enough to get out for a proper ride. As it so happens, it looks like amazing weather this coming Saturday. Since I'm not totally healed, this will be an easy ride and I'm going to re-use the route from last time.

Meet time is at 0830 on the left side of the Buc-ee's in Waller at 290 & 362. We'll probably head out around 9. Lunch will be at Orsak's in Fayetteville. Plan on this being an all day ride, I won't be in a hurry.

In:

1) William Wolfen
2) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike
3) bsheet2
4) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #2
5)

Maybe:

1) Max GS
2) dannyboy
3) Silver Bullet
4)

Last edited:
Re: 9/9 "I'm Back" Dual Sport Ride

Dang! <kicks dirt> just when I have to go back to work. I'll try and catch the next one.
Heal up so we can go fast next time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 9/9 "I'm Back" Dual Sport Ride

Put me in as a maybe.

Re: 9/9 &quot;I'm Back&quot; Dual Sport Ride

Healed? I thought you were already good. Did you have another incident after that dog strike a while back?

Healed? I thought you were already good. Did you have another incident after that dog strike a while back?
Yeah. Front end wash out at 10mph in a parking lot. Resulted in a broken heel bone. That was 7 weeks ago. Finally back on the bike.

Doh! I had not heard about that one! Heel breaks are often exceptionally painful and sore for a long time. Did it require surgery?

Doh! I had not heard about that one! Heel breaks are often exceptionally painful and sore for a long time. Did it require surgery?
No surgery. Just a couple well defined and smooth fracture lines. Was only really painful the first 2 weeks. Now I'm rebuilding strength and flexibility. I can almost walk normally after it loosens up.

A good point was brought up to me about this ride concerning the availability of gas. I'm going to try and call around and see if stations have any along the route. I know there is gas in Cypress, where I live. We'll see how that pans out, but a 200+ mile range wouldn't hurt coming from Houston.

An initial look at gas buddy shows that several stations along the route have had gas price updates in the last 24 hours. This bodes well for gas availability.

Just got back in town. Sorry to have missed this. Hopefully next time.

I passed three bikes at a side road and 159 just west of industry , how chewed up was the low water crossing at cummins creek . I went for a blackened New York strip steak for lunch , sure was tasty .

I passed three bikes at a side road and 159 just west of industry , how chewed up was the low water crossing at cummins creek . I went for a blackened New York strip steak for lunch , sure was tasty .
Not sure if it was us. We did go through there. The crossing was still under water. No idea on condition.

Edit: Thinking back, if you were on a red sport touring type bike, it was us.

Last edited:
I had a great time. Thanks for organizing and leading William you did a great job.
I hope Rob figures out what his bike problem is and lets us know what it is.

His bike would only go click when pushing the start button. (trust me we tried everything)
I googled it and one guy had the same problem and he took the ground wire off on the frame end and sanded the paint off and it works fantastic.
That ground has a special washer that is supposed to punch thru the paint to the metal frame and it was not doing the trick, so sanding the paint off gave it a great ground.
We tried to find the other end of the ground wire but it was buried somewhere.

Last edited:
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the ride. I'll likely be hosting another in a couple weeks. I think we'll ride the New Waverly route I mentioned at lunch.

Agreed...Great ride. Very nice meeting everyone.

On a side note. I may be driving up to Dallas area to look at a DR650 this weekend:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Scuddy

For a newbie to the group, could I get some details on the type of terrain and riding style y'all like to do on these rides? I have very little off road experience, but I'm looking to remedy that. I'd like to join in on the next ride, but also don't want to hold the group back if majority of y'all like sliding through corners and keeping the throttle pinned (I'm not on that level yet).

We typically ride medium to moderate, these are county dirt and gravel roads.
You will not hold us up. We wait at all intersections for all the riders. No one left behind.
William does a great job of keeping the pace at a good level for all and he keeps track of the riders.
I hope to see you on a future ride.

Rob chime in and let us know what you have found out so far on why your bike would not start.

Back