• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heated gear on the 1250

Reaction score
Has anyone watched their voltage while powering heated gear? I've done this and it's been a while but I noticed the voltage drops from 14.3 to 13.5 with just my jacket and heated grips. This is without the headlight running, switching on the headlight (I modified it for this to experiment) it went down even further.

Monitoring the voltage with nothing running showed no signs of a faulty charging system, it always cranked just fine.

Has anyone considered a stronger stator?

I've run many thousands of miles with heated gloves and vest and the mid 13
's is about the lowest I've seen it. Don't worry about it till you start getting in the low 12's, I have to be careful on my KLR but no problems on my Bandit.

Cool thanks, would a stronger battery afford allow you heated pants and lighting if it happen to drop you into the 12's?

Not a bandit but a 2014 Hayabusa. Running just the twin fog lights its 14.2 vdc. Jacket ( 95 watt) on 40% it's 14 to 14.1 run grips on medium I'm 13.7 turn off light 13.8 vdc. Run jacket full high / grips medium 13.6 to 13.7 vdc
I belive the power output is similar to bandit 450 to 500 watt stator.

Thanks Bryan, I believe Bandits are only 400, that extra 50-100 goes a long ways. But if people are running a good amount of current I guess I won't worry about it. Maybe my voltmeter wasn't accurate, it was also a USB socket.

Last edited:
If you run a HID you'll save some wattage but yeah mine dips as well especially at idle at a stop light I've seen it down to 12.5 a few times! :rofl:

Back