• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inspection & regestration question,,

Check all the numbers. When I did mine earlier in the month, the oil change place put an "S" for "5" on the plate. No match, no registration online. I had to go back to the oil change place with the plate and get them to change it. Then it was two business days and then I was good to go. Nothing online for a new vehicle.

When I sold a bike last year DMV transposed two of the digits, fortunately I had made a copy of the old title. Took weeks to get that sorted out for the buyer.

Re: Inspection & regestration question,,

I had my inspection done around dfw area for 10 dollars or less if i remember correctly. Basically, they dont even ride the bike, i was expecting they would ride it just like cars. They just checked lights, turn indicators, ask you to brake to see if brake/brake lights are working. They gave me a "passed" doc, took the doc to dps- southlake since i had to transfer the title as well as new registraion under my name- it took less than an hour. Dps needs insurance verification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I lived in AZ there were 2 counties that required emissions testing, Maricopa and Pima (Phoenix and Tucson). They were the only counties in the country to require emission testing on a bike. That has since gone away. At one time they were required to put them on the dyno but that stopped after a Harley got away and crashed into the testing equipment. There weren't that many places to get the testing done and the lines were very long. Quite the scam. The testing facility paid for the repair to the Harley and I expect they never wanted to see a bike on the rollers again and no one on a bike was required to put them on the rollers from then on.

Well finally gave up and went to courthouse, inspector missed type 1 letter in the vin, and I missed it going over it a few times, duh. Anyway all good to go for another year.

Back